Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Can't defend, can't run but maybe we have targets again for Luck in the passing game.

Don't expect us to be able to do much in the payoffs but you never know. Worse teams have gone further!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

McG wrote: »
    Can't defend, can't run but maybe we have targets again for Luck in the passing game.

Don't expect us to be able to do much in the payoffs but you never know. Worse teams have gone further!

Luck was good last night, and looked his best since the Denver game. Statistically and with the eye test. Incredible really, given what he's got to work with. Rogers and Brazill were a great boost last night, and T Rich was improved.

We need Toler back pronto; I'm not sure how or why, but our secondary isn't functioning without him. I'm not sure what other reason would cause our D to go from one of the best to one of the worst in the league.

I expect a loss next week, but two final wins and with it all on the line, we'll have a chance against KC in the playoffs.

FWIW, Peytons win last night put us into the playoffs. That man...

FWIW, Peytons win last night put us into the playoffs. That man...

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »

Ravens weren't setting the regular season alight last year but to be fair they were a far superior team last year than we are this year!

Most likely to be the chiefs in Lucas Oil now anyway!

I have no idea why the loss of Toler has been so big....I mean he wasn't even playing that well! I suppose it lets Butler back in at nickel and keeps Cassius off the field!

I was wondering if we should sit the starters for the next few games but I think Luck needs to work with these receivers as much as possible over the next 3 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I know the Texans arent great (understatement) but they have a great Dline and today i thought we handled them pretty well, definitely our best combination for our Oline today in my opinion, hopefully Reitz is ok

Angerer on IR :(

davyjose wrote: »
    Angerer on IR :(

A tough loss, what is it with our back luck with injuries this year?

Top picture is a TD! Bottom one is an interception!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Top picture is a TD! Bottom one is an interception!
    Eh....and?!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eh....and?!

The break in Whalens route was sharp! Rogers wasn't! Luck threw the ball before the receiver made his break on both occasions! it wasn't a great pass by Luck on the interception but He threw it to where he thought Rogers should be!

To be fair, it was Rogers third start. Luck missed hm by a mile.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eh....and?!

Here's the routes in gif form. You can really see what taidgh meant. http://www.coltsauthority.com/2013-articles/december/the-difference-a-good-route-makes.html

Terrible route-running by Rogers. But again, he's very inexperienced.

Thats rivals the win at San Fran for best performance of the year from us, O-line was brilliant, was impressed with Nixon, Griff was brilliant today and proving a lot wrong, and the defence was brilliant especially Redding, Mathis and Freeman. Hopefully Redding is ok for the playoffs, rest him next week if needs be. Special mention to DHB, was brilliant on two special team plays tonight so credit where its due.

That was a very good performance! Although I'm not sure if the chiefs are actually that bad or if they've settled for 5th seed! Though they still could have won the division before tonight!

I thought that was Betheas best performance for a while! Whalen and Rodgers were very good! The O-line was better (although I did see Mcglynn dive between two defenders on an attempted block on a run play at one stage)! Luck was very sharp! Yup, best performance in a while!!

There is such a variance between our good performances and our bad ones it scary though!!

We seem to up our game for the better teams and play below par with weaker teams, thank god the playoffs is full of only good teams :pac:

only one pro bowler this year in Robert Mathis, which is shocking. Thought Freeman, Luck and Cherilus would have all been picked.

sergio brown too, been excellent on special teams and surely adam v was close too.

Meh, I'm not bothered. The Pro bowl is a silly distraction and doesn't really hold the prestige it used to. Luck got hammered by injuries to his receivers,behind a horrible line. No surprises really. Freeman, McAfee and Brown are obvious misses IMO, but don't think Cherilus has been anywhere near good enough.

Hopefully the guys will have a chip on their shoulder over it though.

Edit: having said that, Luck's numbers aren't very different to Brady's. And his injury situation is as bad or worse IMO.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't be able to play anyway, what with the Colts being in the SB the following week! :)

taidghbaby wrote: »
    They wouldn't be able to play anyway, what with the Colts being in the SB the following week! :)

That's what I was thinking too ;)

Seen this on twitter! T-rich getting tackled in the background!!

Just watching Luck's presser, that beard is getting serious!

Colts opponents for next season.

Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Tougher AFC opponents but thank god we are done with the NFC West for another four years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Pretty excited for tonight. Think we have a great chance.

2 keys are to stop Charles and for the offence not to go back to the power run game!

Saw that its likely we go with Satele at C and McGlynn at RG, nightmare if thats the case. Need to stop Charles and be careful on special teams, they are very dangerous on them and McCluster can take it the whole way. Got to watch out for scrambling from Smith too.

• Advertisement

Getting excited now :)

Advertisement