Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Betheas is a neck injury! For some reason I seem to think he may have missed a few plays against the Lions because of a neck injury but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

who will start safety if him and zib are out? Lefeged and Howell?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Brown, Reitz and Zbikowski are all ruled out! Another chance for Lefeged to impress :D

Raf32 wrote: »
    Brown, Reitz and Zbikowski are all ruled out! Another chance for Lefeged to impress :D
    Lets hope Joe isn't returning kickoffs tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

There's almost no way we can miss the playoffs now. It's a done deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Don't jinx it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

9-4 lets got Colts #Chuckstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its all ours.

Somewhere in Indiana Mike Hart got a phone call this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's a tough one, and something the Colts can't even reproach given Pagano's condition, but Arians has done such a good job in his absence one has to question if he's not the better option as HC. The Colts will be incredibly lucky if no one else offers him a top job this off-season.

• Advertisement

Uh things aren't getting any easier!
    Colts signed RBs Deji Karim and Mewelde Moore to active roster and placed RB Donald Brown and FB Robert Hughes on Injured Reserve.

I was expecting at least one of them to be signed alright!

Could be the end of Browne as a Colt depending on what his contract situation is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I haven't ever really picked a team, can I become a Colt?

I just cant believe how clutch luck is with the lack of weapons around him.

I haven't ever really picked a team, can I become a Colt?

I just cant believe how clutch luck is with the lack of weapons around him.
    Of course buddy! Think I may have mentioned it before some where but I only really began following the NFL/Colts from 06/07 onwards so it was in the middle to the end of Peytons career with the Colts! Now well be able to watch Luck (hopefully) develop into one the great QB's of his era! It'll also be interesting to see if the other Rookies can continue on their development, as they've exceeded on their expectations for the most part!

Also we just signed Robert Griffin out of Baylor to the practice squad! The guard Robert Griffin of course! Seth Olsen and AQ Shipley were pretty dire against the Titans! No word so far on Satele and whether he'll be available on Sunday! Griffin played centre at Baylor too iirc!

So...big game this Sunday! Our division rivals, one of the Super Bowl favourites (well arguably until last Monday) and a team smarting from a pretty concise beating off the Pats!!

First things first! We need to reduce the number of hits Luck is taking! He is big, strong and well able to take shots (eg putting Cliff Avril on his arse) but all it needs is him to fall badly on one or take a hit to the head and were up sh1t creak!! It also goes to say that a better pocket would lead to an improvement in his accuracy!

So with this in mind I'd like to see some short passes and play action roll outs! Slow down the opposition pass rushers (especially with Watt this week)! Whilst I like the fact that Luck can stand big in the pocket and extend plays he is a sitting duck! He kind of reminds me (and pretty much anyway else that watches the NFL) of Big Ben - any coincidence that Arians is and was recently OC for both!!? I admire Ben but I'd rather my QB didn't take as many hits!!

Defensively we need to stop the run! 1st and foremost! Schaub is a very good QB but Foster is a game winner! Our corners have mixed the good and the bad in each game the last few weeks so I expect them to be left on their own again this Sunday! I don't expect as easy a pick 6 off Schaub though!!

Overall we're underdogs! Big underdogs IMO! We've also saved our worse performances for road games and I fear this could be a repeat! This is another chance to test ourselves against a genuine contender so lets hope for better execution than we had against the Pats, all across the team!

Chuckstrong!!

Look at the concentration going in to hitting those high notes.....

A-ajnKpCQAAYTza.jpg

Ha ha, what's going on here?

They visited a local hospital to do a bit of carol singing, the caption with this was:
    singing 4wk old @RileyKids Issac to sleep w/"Silent Night

I know that this could be viewed as a PR stunt and is a small price to pay for fame and fortune but it never ceases to amaze me the amount of time and effort professional sports people put into charities and good causes like the one above!

And this is not just the colts or nfl players, but sportspeople from a variety of sports across the world! All of the bad deeds get the headlines but many more good deeds go unnoticed on a daily basis!

So it would appear that Drew Stanton would be starting for the Jets this week had Tebow not been traded for!

I wonder would he be happy still to be a jet and now getting the chance to start or as backup to Luck! I'm guessing the former, though I'd say part of Sanchez's issues are due to the face Tebow was brought in, in the first place!

• Advertisement

Yay....Chuck back to work on Monday, it'll be great to see him lead the team out against the Texans after everything he's been through! :D
    The Associated Press reports that Pagano has been given clearance by his doctors to get back to his head coaching duties. Dr. Larry Cripe said Thursday that he has told Pagano that he has no restrictions in terms of resuming his work schedule and that it is totally up to him when he does that.

“Medically, I see no reason he cannot come back when he’s ready to try and come back,” Cripe said. “Coach has done a great job with this, and I trust him.”

Cripe was asked about the possibility that Pagano was pushing himself too hard and said that he would give Pagano the same advice he gives to any other patient.

“Look, if you get pooped out, adjust,” Cripe said.

The Colts play the Chiefs on Sunday and will clinch a playoff spot with a win, which means Pagano will return to a team in a very different place than the one he left in October. They were 1-2 at that point and many thought they would spend a second straight year as one of the league’s worst teams. They’ve gone 8-3 under Bruce Arians, however, and Pagano will likely be on the sideline in a playoff game in a couple of weeks as a result.

It’s been a remarkable story to follow and it will likely make for at least one more emotional moment in Week 17 when Pagano leads his team onto the field against the Texans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Will Pagano be taking back over so?

Doubt he'll be calling plays, more than likely be on the sideline with headphones on and involved in all conversations/tactics!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Doubt he'll be calling plays, more than likely be on the sideline with headphones on and involved in all conversations/tactics!

It'll be a gradual thing, I'd say. Can't really kick Arians to the curb after the blinder of a season he's played. Maybe he'll start calling the Defensive plays and leave the O to BA for the season.

Awesome news though.

I'd say Arians was doing most of the play calling on the offence to begin with an I presume Manusky has been calling the defence since Chuck was away, so I'm guessing that will probably stay the same!

From what I've heard he's in contact with Arians on a daily basis but its unlikely that he'd have watched enough film to call a game! Though we could be playing houstons second string so there might not be much film on them!

Great for him and his family that he can come back to work!

So as things are shaping up it looks likely that well be going to the Ravens in the wildcard! Out of the other options (Broncos, Texans & Pats) this would be my preference, with the Ravens recent losses and their injuries on defence! Also it would be a great occasion for Chuck going back (after all he's been through) and for Cory Redding and Zibokowski! I'd say the Ravens would rather play us than either of their division rivals too!!

taidghbaby wrote: »

So as things are shaping up it looks likely that well be going to the Ravens in the wildcard! Out of the other options (Broncos, Texans & Pats) this would be my preference, with the Ravens recent losses and their injuries on defence! Also it would be a great occasion for Chuck going back (after all he's been through) and for Cory Redding and Zibokowski! I'd say the Ravens would rather play us than either of their division rivals too!!

Yeah, the Ravens is by far the best option. It'll be tough, but they're struggling and we have a chance. don't really see us beating the other two -- anything can happen against a divisional rival, but Denver and New England would hurt us bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts going back to Baltimore for the playoffs!

That's about the best match up we could have hoped for but the Ravens looked good last night so I'm guessing they're going to be something like 7 point favorites at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Congrats to all you Colts fans on making the playoffs this season. Back to where ye belong imo. There's been nothing lucky about what Luck has done this season, he's just a great kid. And how the Steelers must now regret losing Bruce Arians, falling on their own sword the way they did.

• Advertisement

Congrats to all you Colts fans on making the playoffs this season. Back to where ye belong imo. There's been nothing lucky about what Luck has done this season, he's just a great kid. And how the Steelers must now regret losing Bruce Arians, falling on their own sword the way they did.

Thanks dude. Yeah it's awesome. Unlike other playoff years, I don't really feel we have any chance at going to the big game, but facing Baltimore and not you guys, or Denver gives us a shot at a playoff win. Either way I get to sit back and enjoy this one, without crying myself to sleep if we lose. I've never been more proud to be a fan of any team, win or lose from here.

This team has a big future though. I'm already looking forward to what this O can do next year. I have a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg for Luck!

Advertisement