Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Right lads do us a favour and beat Houston this week, so the broncos can take the no 1 seed.

We did yis a favour by taking the old man off your hands, to make room for luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think both you and us (Ravens) will be happy to be facing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs, if that happens to be the fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Paully D wrote: »
    I think both you and us (Ravens) will be happy to be facing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs, if that happens to be the fixture.

I think it already is: Indy are assured of 5th seed, and pretty sure Baltimore can't do better than 4th (unless Cincy can steal the division?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Baltimore can get 3rd seed if they beat Cincy and the Patriots lose to the Dolphins

In that case it's Cincy at Ravens and Colts at Patriots

Depends on the Dolphins!

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Baltimore can get 3rd seed if they beat Cincy and the Patriots lose to the Dolphins

In that case it's Cincy at Ravens and Colts at Patriots

Depends on the Dolphins!

In that case: Gooooooo Pats :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Well lads, Pagano is back and congrats on that...and Peyton could do with a favour, i think yee owe it to him and your returning coach to beat the Texans sunday, it's the least you could do! :D

The reward? A potential divisonal round matchup with a certain Mr.Manning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Lads, any idea whether the colts game will be on Saturday or Sunday next weekend??

Or will it not be decided until after Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Won't be decided until Monday

Networks get a say on this

I am happy to be corrected on this

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Won't be decided until Monday

Networks get a say on this

I am happy to be corrected on this
    Cheers man!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Lads, any idea whether the colts game will be on Saturday or Sunday next weekend??

Or will it not be decided until after Sunday?

Not sure. I'm free both days, just in case ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

11-5, what a season!

I don't expect a very deep play off run from us but you never know (I thought I was optimistic in thinking we could get to 8-8 or maybe 9-7 at the start of the season).

We should have a small fortune to spend in free agency so can't wait to see how Grigson sets us up for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I had in the predictions thread the Colts to go 7-9, looking back on it a few weeks later I realised my mistake, because I meant to post 9-7. But never would I have expected you guys to finish 11-5 and get to the play-offs. Personally, I'll write no one off in the play-offs, because it's just been a crazy kinda season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Early game for us next week:

Sat: 4:30 PM (ET) CINC at HOUS (NBC); 8:00 PM (ET) MINN at GB (NBC). Sun: 1:00 PM (ET), INDY at BALT (CBS), 4:30 PM (ET) SEA at WAS/DAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

gahh in work for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Think I'll be travelling back to college, ugh.

On a lighter note...

wKPrm.gif?1

:pac:

Balls...
    Bears requested permission today to interview Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Balls...

Fcuk it anyway. Was to be expected. Doesn't mean he'll defo go. But he'd be a perfect fit there IMO. We'll see, he's obviously very happy in Indy, but a head coaching job is what he's wanted, and he deserves one.

Edit: Also havent they just broken a rule, by asking to speak with him before the Colts' season is over?

Ah I know but would just be nice to keep him after what he did this year!

No def not, shur look at all the others who have been contacted that still have games to play!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ah I know but would just be nice to keep him after what he did this year!

No def not, shur look at all the others who have been contacted that still have games to play!

I thought they had to wait.

Anyway, unless he gets the right job I'd say he'll stay. So much invested in Indy. Chicago could be a big lure though. If he wins there -- America's 3rd biggest city -- he'll be a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Bruce Arians would be an absolute idiot to leave the Colts imo. Surely the possibility of working for 10 years + with Andrew Luck, should be an enticement enough for him to stay?

• Advertisement

This was always likely to happen! He deserves serious consideration from a number of teams after what he's done with the Colts this year!! Hopefully if he does move on then it's to a good team like the Bears rather than the Bills or the Browns!

From an OC point of view I've been critical at times of some of his play calling this year! I would have like to see plays designed to get Luck deliberately out of the pocket and also the ball out of Lucks hands a lot quicker! This is purely to do with our shocking O-line and my fear that Luck will get injured (though he is a beast!!)! The big thing with Arians though is that he's been like a father figure to Luck this year when needed! After Luck has made bad plays (which he has, he's a rookie!!) you can see Arians put his arm around Luck, calm him down and get him focused for the next drive!! From that point of view I'd like to see him stay as I think himself and luck are quite close! Though as Luck develops and matures this will be less needed!!

Anyway we have a certain playoff game (hopefully more) to take care of this weekend before BA can even consider a HC job!!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    This was always likely to happen! He deserves serious consideration from a number of teams after what he's done with the Colts this year!! Hopefully if he does move on then it's to a good team like the Bears rather than the Bills or the Browns!

From an OC point of view I've been critical at times of some of his play calling this year! I would have like to see plays designed to get Luck deliberately out of the pocket and also the ball out of Lucks hands a lot quicker! This is purely to do with our shocking O-line and my fear that Luck will get injured (though he is a beast!!)! The big thing with Arians though is that he's been like a father figure to Luck this year when needed! After Luck has made bad plays (which he has, he's a rookie!!) you can see Arians put his arm around Luck, calm him down and get him focused for the next drive!! From that point of view I'd like to see him stay as I think himself and luck are quite close! Though as Luck develops and matures this will be less needed!!

Anyway we have a certain playoff game (hopefully more) to take care of this weekend before BA can even consider a HC job!!
    He plays a very bold, vertical game. He's really taken risks at times; at times Luck has struggled with it, but when it has counted, it's been a success (18 INTs, but SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks). I think another off-season to get to grips with it, and a better O-line and a few more targets, not to mention Luck's maturity, and we can have an elite Offense (I'm talking New England/Denver good). That's why I really want him to stay. Despite going 11-5, I want to see what this O can really do.

davyjose wrote: »
    He plays a very bold, vertical game. He's really taken risks at times; at times Luck has struggled with it, but when it has counted, it's been a success (18 INTs, but SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks). I think another off-season to get to grips with it, and a better O-line and a few more targets, not to mention Luck's maturity, and we can have an elite Offense (I'm talking New England/Denver good). That's why I really want him to stay. Despite going 11-5, I want to see what this O can really do.
    Luck will definitely benefit from his experience this year! He is being asked and expected to stand tall in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open!!

I don't want to see BA go either btw! But Luck is the most important part of out offence by far!!

Just looking back over our draft for the season; what a hugely successful draft that was for us. Maybe our best ever: Five of our first 6 picks are all taking a lot of snaps, and Chapman is the only one of that 6 who missed out, and had it not been for injury, he was a dead cert to start. Then you have LaVonn Brazill playing his par too. Add all our free agancy pickups and trades and makes you wonder how much of a free ride Polian was on the last few years.

Looks likes bug is about the Colts team this week. Nice bloody timing. Hopefully it wont get too out of hand, and I wonder how safe it is for pagano to be around?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/1/3/3832054/illness-making-the-rounds-at-colts-complex-bruce-arians-visits-doctor

Could be considering a break for us with the way Gringson has assembled this rostr every pick matters, and god knows what gem he might pick up that low down....
    Colts CB Vontae Davis played just short of 65 percent threshold, now Dolphins only will get Colts 2nd-rd pick not their 6th too, per sources

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Best of luck today lads, if you pardon the pun. Dying to see Manning v Luck in the divisional round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

we didn't get going at all today on offence. I'm sure the experience of a playoff game will be valuable to all those young players though so there's something positive to be taken out of it.

we should have a heap of money to spend in free agency and most of our picks (all except round 2 I think) in the draft to try improve the team in some key areas like o-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

McG wrote: »
    we didn't get going at all today on offence. I'm sure the experience of a playoff game will be valuable to all those young players though so there's something positive to be taken out of it.

we should have a heap of money to spend in free agency and most of our picks (all except round 2 I think) in the draft to try improve the team in some key areas like o-line.

o-line, a safety, a CB, a second WR with hilton in the slot and a few more pieces on the D.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

o-line, a safety, a CB, a second WR with hilton in the slot and a few more pieces on the D.
    We're gonna need at least one rush line backer too!! Don't see dwight freeney being back unless he restructures his deal!!

So disappointed tonight! Ravens deserved the win but with better execution we could have put ourselves in with a chance tonight! Anyway next year looks really bright!! Can't wait!! :))

Advertisement