Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Galatasary 7:45 Sky Sports 4/RTE 2

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Terrible performance. Glad it is over but I tell ya the sh1te being spouted on RTE is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Wins a win & all that jazz but it was a rubbish performance & we were blessed to come away with 3 points there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Felexicon wrote: »
    Jesus the pundits on RTE are dire. Saddlier is the only one with a bit of sense

Agreed. I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

John Giles needs to be put in a home and left there. He doesn't even try to be fair in his analysis because he knows he won't be let to.

He's only a spoofer bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Saddlier is terrible too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I thought Fletch was poor tbh.

He wasn't great but I thought he took up some very sensible covering positions in the centre. When he came on I thought Galatasary found it tougher through the centre, there was less space for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Valencia makes that look like a dive tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Don't bother. Giles just said that he "can't remember Nani doing anything of note" in all of the time he has been at United.

In fairness to Johnny Giles he probably can't remember how he got in to the RTE Studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭jacool

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Nani has created around 3-4 clear goal scoring chances and still people abuse him for mispasses or losing possession.

I will only abuse him for missing the peno.
    Cost me 3 of my 4 bets.
    Galatasary not scoring cost me the other one.
    Who were poorer the players or officials?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In fairness to Johnny Giles he probably can't remember how he got in to the RTE Studio.

He's receding into his giant suit shoulder pads as the years go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

jacool wrote: »
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Nani has created around 3-4 clear goal scoring chances and still people abuse him for mispasses or losing possession.

I will only abuse him for missing the peno.
    Cost me 3 of my 4 bets.
    Galatasary not scoring cost me the other one.
    Who were poorer the players or officials?

Officials by q mile. But I think the extra lads have been told to do nathin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Quandary wrote: »
    He wasn't great but I thought he took up some very sensible covering positions in the centre. When he came on I thought Galatasary found it tougher through the centre, there was less space for them.

Maybe so. With the ball at his feet he made a good few mistakes.

I guess I am going to just decide that the players were playing within themselves with one eye on Sunday

Officials by q mile. But I think the extra lads have been told to do nathin.

Why don't we know what their remit is? More importantly, why does the likes of George Hamilton not know? Despite having far better access to first hand sources who could answer this simple question, George prefers to try to figure it out for himself. Research is for gheys.

The officials behind the goal can give the ref advice and counsel, if asked.

Now, Im off to watch Chelsea to see how Oscar played in general

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Maybe so. With the ball at his feet he made a good few mistakes.

He did but that's to be expected really. Being out for a year with the condition he had its going to take him a few games to get up to speed, get his touch back, etc...

If he can get back to something like his former level we might just be ok in midfield thus season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Quandary wrote: »
    He did but that's to be expected really. Being out for a year with the condition he had its going to take him a few games to get up to speed, get his touch back, etc...

If he can get back to something like his former level we might just be ok in midfield thus season.

Its fine now. Game over, won. But I thought it was very risky from Fergie. I don't think he was ready for that and it could have cost us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Lads,

Stuck in work.

Brief synopsis of match please?

Anyone know where to get a portable air conditioning unit? ( or a big hammer )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads,

Stuck in work.

Brief synopsis of match please?

Anyone know where to get a portable air conditioning unit? ( or a big hammer )

Ref should have gave 5 pens, 3 to United.
    Game started at a blistering pace but United kept getting caught on the break.
    Had chances but didnt dominate.
    Prob Galatastaray deserved a draw - hit the woodwork twice.
    RVP and Kawaga were quiet.
    Carrick and Valencia I thought were our best players.
    Nice goal in 7th minute from Carrick, rounded the keeper after a good move.
    Scholes was sloppy but not awful
    Nani was lively but kept making mistakes and was wasteful, missed a pen.

Not convincing at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    Ref should have gave 5 pens, 3 to United.
    Game started at a blistering pace but United kept getting caught on the break.
    Had chances but didnt dominate.
    Prob Galatastaray deserved a draw - hit the woodwork twice.
    RVP and Kawaga were quiet.
    Carrick and Valencia I thought were our best players.
    Nice goal in 7th minute from Carrick, rounded the keeper after a good move.
    Scholes was sloppy but not awful
    Nani was lively but kept making mistakes and was wasteful, missed a pen.

Not convincing at all

Fletch got 20mins or so and DDG pulled off two good saves too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

In fairness, I thought Valencia's running was very good and he got himself into great positions, but totally wasted them with his final balls, his crossing was really poor. I thought Nani was our second best player, behind Carrick, in spite of his shocking penalty miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kryogen wrote: »
    Now, Im off to watch Chelsea to see how Oscar played in general

His second goal was excellent. He hadnt doen much up until his 1st goal, but he marshalled Pirlo all night, sticking closeto him.

After his 2nd goal he came into the game more and was involved in more build up and exchanges of passes but his main duty was not to leave Pirlo alone for the night and he done a good job IMO. 7/10

Advertisement