Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathrow T1 to T4

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    Anyone know how long it will take to get from Heathrow T1 to T4. I've 1 hour 45 mins between flights and will be getting a connecting flight to Kuala Lumpar next Wed evening, baggage checked thru, 1 ticket.
    Is that long enough or should I try and get into Heathrow on an earlier flight?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Was in Heathrow last week for the first time in a year or two. Aer Lingus now have a new (to me) system which involves asking everyone who is transferring (like you) to wait till everyone else is off the plane, then they get you all to get off the back of the plane and onto a waiting bus which brings you to the transfer centre. Waiting for that bus could use up 10 minutes right there, and that only gets you to the transfer centre and not T4.

In my view 45 minutes is too tight. If you are booked on a through ticket you should be rebooked on the next available flight, but if they only fly once a day (or less regularly) then you will be sitting around Heathrow having no fun.

I would go for an earlier flight.

z

[edit] sorry - misread - I thought it was just 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

1 hour 45 minutes should be plenty of time. I've had connections of 1 hr 15 in Heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DaGaffer123

It's an hour and 45 mins, is that OK do ya think. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Should be fine - that connection took me about 45mins a few months ago with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

1h 45m should be fine in your case if all is on time, using the connections buses etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leverarch12

Doing this connection in the morning, will let you know how it goes! Iv 3 hours to get it done but wont be dawdling as Iv never been to Heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

I work in Heathrow.

Getting from T1 to T4 is simple and you will have plenty of time.

Basically, get out of the plane with everyone else, dont bother waiting to the end.

Come out of T1 (no passport control) and then go down stairs (2 floors) follow the signs to the Underground and Terminal 3. Pass by the entrance to the underground station on your right and keep walking towards Terminal 3.

You will then get on a travellator, when you get off this walk, 100m and on your right you will see a sign for Heathrow express. Take the lift down and get on the free transfer train to Terminal 4. When you arrive at Terminal 4 take the lift all the way up to the departures. All in it will take you 30mins, less if you dont have to wait for the train. (the train itself only takes 5mins)

Oh and excuse the ceiling in the departures Terminal airside, we are doing it up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

cronin_j wrote: »
    I work in Heathrow.

Getting from T1 to T4 is simple and you will have plenty of time.

Basically, get out of the plane with everyone else, dont bother waiting to the end.

Come out of T1 (no passport control) and then go down stairs (2 floors) follow the signs to the Underground and Terminal 3. Pass by the entrance to the underground station on your right and keep walking towards Terminal 3.

You will then get on a travellator, when you get off this walk, 100m and on your right you will see a sign for Heathrow express. Take the lift down and get on the free transfer train to Terminal 4. When you arrive at Terminal 4 take the lift all the way up to the departures. All in it will take you 30mins, less if you dont have to wait for the train. (the train itself only takes 5mins)

Oh and excuse the ceiling in the departures Terminal airside, we are doing it up at the moment.

Why do all that when you can get onto the bus out the back of the plane which brings you to t4 while staying airside?

lynchie wrote: »
    Why do all that when you can get onto the bus out the back of the plane which brings you to t4 while staying airside?

Because you have to wait for the plane to clear before you get off for the bus - 10min

That bus takes you to the connection centre - 5-7min

Then you have to wait for the connection bus to Terminal 4 which come every 10mins so just assume you get one within 5mins - 5min

The bus takes around 10mins to get to the Terminal, youll spend another 5 mins faffing around trying to get up.

Total time 10+7+5+10+5 = 37mins (Incidently the heathrow website says it would take 90min)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leverarch12

Still seems easier waiting for the bus off the plane in my opinion. You say it saves 7 mins doing it your way but you havent counted time to get off the plane which would add quite a few minutes if you werent first off.

• Advertisement

Still seems easier waiting for the bus off the plane in my opinion. You say it saves 7 mins doing it your way but you havent counted time to get off the plane which would add quite a few minutes if you werent first off.

I have! Ive done this quite a few times. I fly into Heathrow T1 every Monday Morning and I leave every Friday to Dublin.

I often have site meetings in Terminal 4, a half hour after i land or i often arrange them 1.5 hours before my flight takes off. It has never taken me more than 25 mins to get from Terminal 1 gates 80-84 to Terminal 4 Departures.

Advertisement