Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help regarding debit card

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi

I have today recieved my new debit card which i have long been waiting for as need to book hotel and flight who do not accept laser. It says i need to activate my card at a atm before i can use it but i dont have a chance to get to a atm is there any other way i can activate it like speaking to customer care or online banking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi 2010RACHEL,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid it is not possible to activate a Visa Debit card online or by phone, this can only be done at an ATM.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭2010RACHEL

why is this sort of facility not offered as in the uk? not everyone can just go to a atm at the drop of a hat have already been waiting for this card especially to book and now have to wait even longer wih the possibility of the flight or hotel offer going. surely the point of having internet banking or customer care is to make things easier for the customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi 2010RACHEL,

As mentioned above, Bank of Ireland's debit/ATM card activation procedure is done through ATMs. Unfortunately there isn't an alternative to activate your card. We appreciate your feedback and for posting to our forum.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement