Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction Dispute - Company gone into liquidation

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I have lodged a Credit Card transaction dispute with a bank. Basically I bought two vouchers as presents and the company that sold the vouchers went into liquidation. I know this because there was a sign up on the building saying that the company had gone into liquidation.

The thing is I got a letter from the bank saying they need proof that the company has gone into liquidation. Does anyone know how on earth I can prove that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you asked them what they will accept? Seems like step one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

BuffyBot wrote: »

Business is gone. Liquidators will get rid if assets and be done with company. They can't honour vouchers if not open. If another business came including ts place then unlikely they will honour it. Why would they!

Op, check www.cro.ie to confirm liquidation then tell the bank to check it also or email them a link of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Ironé wrote: »
    I have lodged a Credit Card transaction dispute with a bank. Basically I bought two vouchers as presents and the company that sold the vouchers went into liquidation. I know this because there was a sign up on the building saying that the company had gone into liquidation.

The thing is I got a letter from the bank saying they need proof that the company has gone into liquidation. Does anyone know how on earth I can prove that?

Thanks

The notification will have been published in Iris Oifigiúil and a copy of that should be enough.

chris85 wrote: »
    Business is gone. Liquidators will get rid if assets and be done with company. They can't honour vouchers if not open. If another business came including ts place then unlikely they will honour it. Why would they!

I'm not sure what all that has to do with what proof the bank would accept of liquidation..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I'm not sure what all that has to do with what proof the bank would accept of liquidation..

Sorry read initial post from you wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

Yes of course I did - the guy on the phone said he couldn't help me with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

Jim2007 wrote: »
    The notification will have been published in Iris Oifigiúil and a copy of that should be enough.

Tried to search this site for the company but they aren't turning up. Anywhere else I could try?

Ironé wrote: »
    Yes of course I did - the guy on the phone said he couldn't help me with that.

HUACA (hang up, and call again!)

Advertisement