Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering has this happened to someone else........

got in my bill was around 100euro dont mind that, i was using phone to call mobiles etc.

my partner rang yesterday to cancel mobile calls and they said it will cost 25euro to get them off which is ridiculous, is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

hollster2 wrote: »
    hi just wondering has this happened to someone else........

got in my bill was around 100euro dont mind that, i was using phone to call mobiles etc.

my partner rang yesterday to cancel mobile calls and they said it will cost 25euro to get them off which is ridiculous, is this right?

your asking them to provide a service, so.they can charge you for that service.

eircom though are.money grabbers anyway . your better off leaving them if you can get upc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

ye no problem paying the bill but didnt think they charge that much just for mobiles to be cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

hollster2 wrote: »
    ye no problem paying the bill but didnt think they charge that much just for mobiles to be cut off.

Yeah , they have to put a barring order on your account and make up for the fact that they are loosing money from you calling mobiles. They also charge you for your mailbox and for the privilage of just having a working phone line ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Sin City wrote: »
    Yeah , they have to put a barring order on your account and make up for the fact that they are loosing money from you calling mobiles. They also charge you for your mailbox and for the privilage of just having a working phone line ,

ye your right suppose ill just have to stay away from ringing mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SEDM

switched from eircom to digiweb but i want to change phone number anyone know how to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

... or buy a phone which has the facility to bar calls .... my old DECT phone have this facility ... can bar calls based on number ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 musicman1983

@ sin city, something has to keep the lines operational, im pretty sure that it isnt free for eircom to run these lines, electric bill must absolutely colossal not forgetting the maintenance guys that keep the lines going and fix them when in need of repair, they have to be paid also

Advertisement