If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1080p projector and receiver

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm looking for a 1080p projector, and maybe a AV receiver and some speaker to go with.

I have seen the Optoma HD230x on Amazon for 579£, delivery included. (I live in Dublin).
    I could be interested in the HD23, HD300x and HD33 from Optoma as well, if you have something else interesting, I would like to ear about it.

To go with this projector, I would like to purchase an AV receiver and some speakers (2.0 or 2.1 would be fine for now, I don't want to spend too much now).

My overall budget is under 1000€, with delivery to dublin.
    I know it is quite low, but I am ready to accept opened boxes and to start with only 2 speakers for now. I prefer quality used item than brand new cheap ones.

I hope you can provide me some ideas :)

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Many thanks for the email.

The HD230X is not one that we stock, so not sure what it's like.

We do keep the HD600XLV at £379.95 (only HD ready), HD23 at £699.95, HD33 with glasses at £1149.95.

The 300x isn't one that we run with either as the contrast and brightness compared to the 33 just isn't the same.

The only one that's like to work for you is the HD600 as none of the others will allow you to get a receiver and speakers within the €1k budget.

The HD23 at £699.95 works out at approx 900 Euro and this only allows 100 Euro for the rest.

Even the Amazon projector only leaves you with around €250 for the system which would allow you to go for a Pioneer VSX521 but you would have to put the cheapest pair of speakers on the end of it.

Let me know what way you would like to go as some people want to put it all into the projector and others want a good balance.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cryophoenix

I definitely need a 1080p.

The 230X is to the HD23 what the 300X is to the HD33 : cheaper but with lower brightness. The £120 gap between the 230X and HD23 is quite huge... so I may go for the cheaper :/ Is there a chance you get it in stock in a close future ?

The main thing I need for the sound is something to separate the sound and the video from an HDMI cable, video to go to the Projector, sound to speakers.
    I may be able to raise my budget a bit, but not much. The room is quite small, the sound does not have to be loud at all, clarity is more important.

What would be your price for a HD23, the Pioneer LX01 demo system you may still have, two HDMI cables (a short one, and a 5 or 10m one), and two optical cables (short) ?
    Do you have a good and cheap in-ear headphone in stock ? I want a "flat" sound, not bass boosted, and you seems to have only that kind of models.

Please include the delivery to Dublin on the quote, I will order as soon as I have the quote if the price is good.

Thank you

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

What would be your price for a HD23, the Pioneer LX01 demo system you may still have, two HDMI cables (a short one, and a 5 or 10m one), and two optical cables (short) ?
    Do you have a good and cheap in-ear headphone in stock ? I want a "flat" sound, not bass boosted, and you seems to have only that kind of models.

Please include the delivery to Dublin on the quote, I will order as soon as I have the quote if the price is good.

Thank you

Hi Cryophoenix.

The HD23 is currently priced at £699.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/hd23/opto-hd23

The Pionner LX01 - Display unit is priced at £299.95 (LAST ONE)

On the HDMI leads:
    We do a 1.8m one priced at £14.95
    Or a Visual Innovation 1.5m priced at £29.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-interconnects/visual-innovations/hdmi-1.5m/visu-innov-hdmi-new

On the 5m we do a Sparta one priced at £29.95 (Does this need to be 1.4 rated?)

Or a 5m QED priced at £54.95 (1.4 rated)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-interconnects/qed/performance-e-5m/qed-performance-e-5m

On the headphones you could look at the A JAYS One priced at £24.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/jays/a-jays-one/jays-a-jays-1

Let me know what you think :)

I think the previous price for the LX01 was better :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80769093&postcount=64

• Advertisement

Hi Cryo.

Kenny hadn't known that John had lost the plot and quoted that price previously. :D

That price from before is good to go.

I'll get Kenny some smelling salts !

Cheers

Dave

Haaa, great :)

So, I'll take that LX01, but the real question is : would you make me some very nice discount on the projector, or should I definitely purchase the 230x from Amazon ?

For the cables, I will find some cheaper one I think, and I do not want the A Jay One because it's too bass specific.

Anyway, what should I do to purchase this LX01 ?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Haaa, great :)

So, I'll take that LX01, but the real question is : would you make me some very nice discount on the projector, or should I definitely purchase the 230x from Amazon ?

For the cables, I will find some cheaper one I think, and I do not want the A Jay One because it's too bass specific.

Anyway, what should I do to purchase this LX01 ?

Hi Cryophoenix,

If you can PM me your contact details I can get in touch and sort out delivery and payment for the LX01.

Can have a chat to the big boss and see what he thinks about the projector. It's already a good price for a great projector.

Chris

Hi Guys :)

I just received the LX01 this morning, everything seems fine, except that the Left Front Speaker cable is missing :s
    It should have a white plug. I have double checked the boxes, it is not in. I hope you will find it back, it is quite annoying not to have a front left channel :)

Great communication, quick delivery, everything is perfect except this cable missing.

(ho, and the user book says that the HDMI to connect the subwoofer and the DVD recorder should be included, but that's no big deal :) )

Hi Cryo.

Sorry for the problem with this.

I've left a voicemail message for you.

Can you give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070 when you get a sec ?

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.