Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Fact.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just been requested to provide a statement of fact by a client of mine.

I've done some googling and the only statement of fact I can come up with is in a Legal environment. From what I gathered they where not looking for something like that.

Any Idea what I should Include other than the basic details?

All the best,

Merger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

In my view, if you sign a Statement of Fact, you are effectively warranting that the information contained therein is true. If you are a professional in the area , it would be reasonable for someone to rely on it's veracity. This could pose liability issues if content was in fact not true.
    I would seek to establish the exact purpose and reason for the statement in the first place and also ask the client to specify what information they require to be contained therein.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

In my view, if you sign a Statement of Fact, you are effectively warranting that the information contained therein is true. If you are a professional in the area , it would be reasonable for someone to rely on it's veracity. This could pose liability issues if content was in fact not true.
    I would seek to establish the exact purpose and reason for the statement in the first place and also ask the client to specify what information they require to be contained therein.

++1 to that.

In addition you should find out who is going to rely on it and for what purpose. If you are happy with that you should seek to limit your expouse by expressly stating for whom it is intended, the purpose, and disclaim against any other parties relying on it or the named party for a different purpose than intended.

Advertisement