Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SM Stirling and NBC's Revolution.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I've been reading SM Stirling over the last year or so, started with Island in the Sea of Time, then moved onto the Emberverse series.

Anyway If you're familiar with the Emberverse books, you'll know its about what happens to the world when all the electricity goes off...

Which happens to be the same premise as the new NBC show Revolution (which i think is pretty useless)

Out of sheer boredom one day I sent the author an email through his website www.smstirling.com

I asked him what he though of Revolution...and he got back to me!

He's not happy at all!! Thinks they took his ideas and used them badly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

giftgrub wrote: »
    Out of sheer boredom one day I sent the author an email through his website www.smstirling.com

I asked him what he though of Revolution...and he got back to me!

He's not happy at all!! Thinks they took his ideas and used them badly

I bought an SM Stirling book ages ago, Peshawar Lancers, and still haven't got around to reading it, must do something about that.

When he answered you did he say why he didn't do a Harlan Ellison and sue the ass off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

He really has churned out a lot of books lately, are they decent quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I tried to read the first one of those and had to give up after 50 pages due to it being badly written ****e. The wiccan or pagan or whatever she was exclaiming some hippy crap or another every three pages was an utter turnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I tried to read the first one of those and had to give up after 50 pages due to it being badly written ****e. The wiccan or pagan or whatever she was exclaiming some hippy crap or another every three pages was an utter turnoff.

Ah now.....:)

I like it, especially after having to give up on Neal Stephenson's REAMDE after about 200 pages....

Advertisement