Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16GB iPhone 3GS

• 19-09-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all I am looking to buy a new iPhone 16GB 3GS phone. Can anyone help ?

Dad11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Dad11 wrote: »

Dad11

Don't think you can buy them new. You can only get the 8GB 3GS, and that would now have to be from a mobile operator as the base model on Apple is now the iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Dad11

Why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Dad11

I think they're being discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only older models available to buy (SIM free) from Apple are the iPhone4 8GB which is €399 and the iPhone4S 16GB for €579. Those are the prices on the Apple Ireland store.

You may be able to pick up a new 3GS in some of the network shops but they will probably be tied to a smartphone package. Otherwise try www.adverts.ie for a secondhand model but beware of fakes and stolen phones that you may find may be blocked by the networks here. A poster over on a different forum paid a guy in a market €500 for a Samsung Galaxy SIII only to find that it was network blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't think you can buy new 3gs.
    You can probably find phone on adverts and donedeal that would be unscratched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Don't want to buy top of the range device. Think the 3GS is a good device in it's own right. Mainly want for ipod features

biko wrote: »
    I don't think you can buy new 3gs.
    You can probably find phone on adverts and donedeal that would be unscratched.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't want to buy top of the range device. Think the 3GS is a good device in it's own right. Mainly want for ipod features

www.adverts.ie is your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

If mainly wanted for iPod features, why not get the iPod touch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

matchthis wrote: »
    If mainly wanted for iPod features, why not get the iPod touch?

I can only imagine he wants a phone with iPod features.

Advertisement