Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet completely down.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. I came back home and discovered that my Internet completely down.

Dsl and Internet lights are just completely off. ( not even red ). In router options it does not get any dsl connection.
    After restarting dsl light comes up for a second and disappears completely. Could I give my account number to staff here so they could have a look?

I usually never have any problems with Internet , but yesterday when I came back from work there was no Internet too, it come back after router restart.

Ty.

Edit: sorry auto spelling went nuts. I fixed it up a bit. I called eircom support already, after few check ups and questions I was told that engineer will be sent out to have a look as everything is okay on their side. A big chance is that it might be a rooter/modem dead. I am still using netopia router , which I got 6 years ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello. I came back home and discovered that my Internet completely down.

Dsl and Internet lights are just completely off. ( not even red ). In router options it does not get any dsl connection.
    After restarting dsl light comes up for a second and disappears completely. Could I give my account number to staff here so they could have a look?

I usually never have any problems with Internet , but yesterday when I came back from work there was no Internet too, it come back after router restart.

Ty.

Edit: sorry autos pellet went nuts. I fixed it up a bit. I called eircom support already, after few check ups and questions I was told that engineer will be sent out to have a look as everything is okay on their side. A big chance is that it might be a rooter/modem dead. I am still using netopia router , which I got 6 years ago.

Hi ShadowHearth,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. i see you contacted broadband technical support and they advised the ran some checks and issued a replacement modem.

REF: 3505277CH

Let us know when you receive it & if there is any ongoing issues.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hi ShadowHearth,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. i see you contacted broadband technical support and they advised the ran some checks and issued a replacement modem.

REF: 3505277CH

Let us know when you receive it & if there is any ongoing issues.

Thanks, Mark

hi mark. lucky enaugh my buddy offered to use his modem and check if it is really a modem problem. while he went to his house for it, he found his other eircom netopia rooter, which was not even out of plastic! so we connected it and everything is working with flying colors now!
    i contacted eircom again and told all the story, so we cancelled engineer. had to take 12 month contract to get new modem, but i dont mind. i am with eircom for the last 7 years and i must be the only one "unlucky", to have it working properly and if it did go wrong i had it sorted asap! :p

so it is all great now, i got modem from my buddy to use now and i have my new one coming to me in a few days time. in all fairness old gen 1 netopia rooter served me well for the last 5 years.

thank you again!

hi mark. lucky enaugh my buddy offered to use his modem and check if it is really a modem problem. while he went to his house for it, he found his other eircom netopia rooter, which was not even out of plastic! so we connected it and everything is working with flying colors now!
    i contacted eircom again and told all the story, so we cancelled engineer. had to take 12 month contract to get new modem, but i dont mind. i am with eircom for the last 7 years and i must be the only one "unlucky", to have it working properly and if it did go wrong i had it sorted asap! :p

so it is all great now, i got modem from my buddy to use now and i have my new one coming to me in a few days time. in all fairness old gen 1 netopia rooter served me well for the last 5 years.

thank you again!

Hi ShadowHearth,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know the story. Should you be moving address or possibly be moving providers. Given you do not need the replacement modem.

Let me know and I can look into the contract aspect.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ShadowHearth,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know the story. Should you be moving address or possibly be moving providers. Given you do not need the replacement modem.

Let me know and I can look into the contract aspect.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks, but like I said, I don't mind contract again. I am with eircom for ages and did not had any major problems. I was just lucky enough this time to be able to borrow friends modem, while waiting for my new one to arrive.

Though would there be some extras to me for renewing the contract? Like some discourse for few months? Or that would be only for new customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Thanks, but like I said, I don't mind contract again. I am with eircom for ages and did not had any major problems. I was just lucky enough this time to be able to borrow friends modem, while waiting for my new one to arrive.

Though would there be some extras to me for renewing the contract? Like some discourse for few months? Or that would be only for new customers?

Hi ShadowHearth,

Myself and Mark have had a look through the account and we can offer the same discount to yourself that a new customer would get. Currently, the package you have is a little over €60 per month. I will add the promotional discount of €5 off for the next 6 months. It will then return to €60. This offer is open to all customers once they have not had the same package previously and are willing to enter a new 12 month contract. Have added this for you now and will be reflected on the next bill. The new contract runs alongside the other one so it still will only be for 12 months. If you need anything else let us know.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

Thank you lads. As always I get great help on boards from you.

Just wanted to say my new modem just came in too. I was not expecting it to be delivered that fast! Fair play! I'll try to get if connected tonight.

Thank you for putting that discount too. Every little helps!

Thank you lads. As always I get great help on boards from you.

Just wanted to say my new modem just came in too. I was not expecting it to be delivered that fast! Fair play! I'll try to get if connected tonight.

Thank you for putting that discount too. Every little helps!

Hi ShadowHearth,

No problem, Thanks for getting back to us. Do let us know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement