Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2012 (Spoilers Chat)

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭

Please free feel to post any spoiler news or snippets or gossip here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spoilers in this thread only. Any spoilers in the main thread from now on (even in spoiler tags) will result in a ban (see charter).

Some people actually want to be surprised when they watch it. Imagine that? :o

Get out of this thread now if you want to avoid spoilers.

Can't make it any clearer than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So we know Lulu has the groups, Gary the oldies, Tulisa the girls and Nicole the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Jade Richards doesn't even make judges houses. Rylan through to lives apparently

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Jade Richards doesn't even make judges houses. Rylan through to lives apparently

Who is Rylan again?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is Rylan again?

Long blond hair, now short and black :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rylan through to lives apparently

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you this year's token comedy act!

Leona Lewis and Ne-Yo are among the acts booked to perform on the X Factor Live Shows.

Series three champion Lewis, who appeared on the final of last year's show, is expected to perform her new single 'Trouble' on the first Live Show weekend on Sunday, October 7.

The track is released for download on the same day and her new album Glassheart follows a week later.

Ne-Yo is also apparently signed up for a performance. He has already filmed a cameo as a guest mentor at Judges' Houses in Dubai with Nicole Scherzinger.

According to The Sun, former creative director Brian Friedman is flying into the UK as well to "shake up" production and boost ratings.

The X Factor continues this weekend with a double bill of Boot Camp episodes on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

one of the groups through to judges house has been cut due to visa issues (rough copy) I hear that Times Red and Union J with a new member (formally triple J) are at judges house now instead.

Louis Walsh has spoken for the first time about Rough Copy's dramatic exit from this year's X Factor.

The hip-hop trio had to be dropped from the Judges' Houses stage of the competition after one of the group was unable to sort out their visa problems in time.

Two groups - Triple J and Times Red - were called up to fill the gap. Triple J have since renamed themselves Union J following the addition of George Shelley to the group.

Speaking about the last-minute switches, Walsh said: "When Rough Copy left, I found it difficult to choose between two groups to fill their place. In the end I invited boyband Triple J to come to Judges' Houses, but still felt that as I'd lost such a strong group in Rough Copy that I wanted to make sure the category was the best it could possibly be.

"I asked Gary, Nicole and Tulisa if they minded if I took a seventh act. They were happy as they felt they'd got the right six acts for their Judges' Houses trips so I asked Times Red to come along and they said yes."

Union J described the changes as a "once in a lifetime opportunity".

"We're so happy to be a four piece too. The group feels so right together, it feels like we've been together for years!" they said.

Meanwhile, Times Red added: "We are beyond excited about having a second chance. We have nothing to lose so we're going all-out to impress in Vegas."

Walsh will be joined by Sharon Osbourne at the Judges' Houses stage, which he filmed in Las Vegas. The judges can only take three acts through to the Live Shows this year.

The X Factor Judges' Houses will air this weekend in a double-bill on ITV1.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Can anyone tell me the background music to the first 10 seconds of this clip..drivin me nuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbcO9qaE5g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

J6P wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the background music to the first 10 seconds of this clip..drivin me nuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbcO9qaE5g

The Script-Hall Of Fame

Uggh apparently there's going to be a wildcard brought through from each category with one being voted by public to go through to lives. So there'll be 13 finallists. If this is true it's a joke why can't they bloody just have 12 finallists one eliminated a week plain and simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Gonna use spoiler tags anyway :p According to unreality tv the final 12 are
    Girls

Lucy Spraggan
    Jade Ellis
    Leanne Robinson

Groups

GMD3
    Union J
    Poisonous Twin

Boys

Rylan Clark
    Jahmene Douglas
    Starboy Nathan aka Nathan Fagan-Gayle

Overs

Carolynne Poole
    Christopher Maloney
    Melanie Masson

If that list is correct and they are bringing wildcards then I'd say Tulisa will pick Ella as her wildcard and she will get through.

That list, if true, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There's a fair few acts there who have recieved very very little airtime and will automatically be at a disadvantage.

LizT wrote: »
    Gonna use spoiler tags anyway :p According to unreality tv the final 12 are
    Girls

Lucy Spraggan
    Jade Ellis
    Leanne Robinson

Groups

GMD3
    Union J
    Poisonous Twin

Boys

Rylan Clark
    Jahmene Douglas
    Starboy Nathan aka Nathan Fagan-Gayle

Overs

Carolynne Poole
    Christopher Maloney
    Melanie Masson

If that list is correct and they are bringing wildcards then I'd say Tulisa will pick Ella as her wildcard and she will get through.

That list, if true, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There's a fair few acts there who have recieved very very little airtime and will automatically be at a disadvantage.

Apparently a few sources said that Poisonous Twins don't get through but you wouldn't know what to believe. Usually around now you'd always find a reliable source having leaked a legit final 12. Although last year I don't think anyone had said Sophie, they all said Melanie iirc.

The X Factor judges will reportedly choose one wildcard each after the Judges' House stage of the show.

Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger have been told to pick one further act to join their final three, reports The Sun.

The public will then get the chance to vote for their favourite out of the four wildcards, with the most popular act sent through as the 13th finalist. This will leave one judge with an extra act.

The four wildcards are said to have already been picked and will be revealed on Sunday's show (September 30).

A show source said: "We like to add new twists to the show every year and this time the public get to choose an act to be added to the competition.

"With the standard so high this year, the judges had a tough time choosing their three, so this gives another amazing act the chance to perform on the X Factor stage."

The phone lines will remain open until the following Saturday, when the most popular act will perform with the other 12 finalists.

A similar wildcard element was used in the 2010 series, but each judge was given an extra act rather than just one.

Last year, Amelia Lily was given an extra chance halfway through the live shows, following the departure of Frankie Cocozza and a subsequent wildcard vote with other axed hopefuls.

Contostavlos has already lent her support to a Facebook campaign to bring back axed contestant Joseph Whelan.

Song List for judges houses

Boys:
    James Arthur - 'I Can't Make You Love Me' by Bonnie Raitt
    Nathan Fagan-Gayle - 'Beautiful Monster' by Ne-Yo
    Adam Burridge - 'SOS' by Abba
    Jake Quickenden - 'Back for Good' by Take That
    Rylan Clark - 'We Found Love' by Rihanna
    Jahmene Douglas - 'Titanium' by David Guetta

Groups:
    Times Red - 'Ain't No Sunshine'/'Let's Get It Started'
    Mitsotu - 'Hey Ya' by Outkast
    MK1 - 'Just Be Good To Me' by Professor Green
    Union J - 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen
    Poisonous Twin - 'Freak Like Me' by Sugababes
    Duke - 'The Way You Make Me Feel' by Michael Jackson
    GMD3 - 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts

Girls:
    Jade Ellis - 'Stand By Me' by Ben E King
    Amy Mottram - 'Read All About It' by Emeli Sandé
    Leanne Robinson - 'Hurt' by Christina Aquilera
    Jade Collins - 'It Must Have Been Love' by Roxette
    Lucy Spraggan - 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston
    Ella Henderson - 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz

Overs:
    Carolynne Poole - 'When You Say Nothing At All' by Ronan Keating
    Nicola Marie - 'Tragedy' by Steps
    Brad Shackleton - 'The Final Countdown' by Europe
    Melanie Masson - 'Everytime You Go Away' by Paul Young
    Kye Sones - 'Payphone' by Maroon 5
    Chris Maloney - 'All Out of Love' by Jagged Edge

Lucy Spraggan singing a whitney song???:eek:

Cannot wait to hear James Arthur though, I love that song.

Nicole and Neyo apparently clash about Rylan. Neyo says he's not the best singer, while Nicole uses the personality and looks angle. No doubt that's what the producers want her to go with :mad:

Neyo also criticises Starboy Nathan saying "it felt like 'look how cool I am' " after he sang a cover of the former's hit "monster".

Lucy apparently struggles which is no shock given the song choice. Is it contestants choice? If not is it a ploy by producers to give her such a huge song with the hope of causing controversy when she goes through a la 2010 with Cher/Katie?

Nicole and Neyo apparently clash about Rylan. Neyo says he's not the best singer, while Nicole uses the personality and looks angle. No doubt that's what the producers want her to go with :mad:

Neyo also criticises Starboy Nathan saying "it felt like 'look how cool I am' " after he sang a cover of the former's hit "monster".

Lucy apparently struggles which is no shock given the song choice. Is it contestants choice? If not is it a ploy by producers to give her such a huge song with the hope of causing controversy when she goes through a la 2010 with Cher/Katie?

I'm pretty sure they get given their songs. It's obvious the producers want Rylan, it creates controversy, which creates headlines and that's their aim.

I'm pretty sure they get given their songs. It's obvious the producers want Rylan, it creates controversy, which creates headlines and that's their aim.

Watch him get a lovely slot on the show next week too :( Oh so predictable

Also the incident where Cher and Katie messed up at JH caused enough publicity so giving Lucy such a massive song has me thinking they'd only one thing in mind

• Advertisement

That list was way off anyway! :P

That list was way off anyway! :P

Yep, I went back on to unreality tv and they said today it was just THEIR predictions. Pfft, I predicted it better than that.

Yep, I went back on to unreality tv and they said today it was just THEIR predictions. Pfft, I predicted it better than that.

That must have been where the Irish Indo got it from too. Poor form by a broadsheet like that but I'm not complaining that list was awful!

Rumoured song choices this week

Ella Henderson:- Born to Try by the Australian Artist Delta Goodrem

Jade Ellis:- Marilyn Monroe by Hip Hop Artsit Nicki Minaj

Lucy Spraggan:- Pumped up Kicks by pop rock group Foster The People

Kye Sones:- Black and Gold by Sam Sparro

Rylan Clark:- Cascade- Evacuate the Dancefloor

GMD3:- Simply Amazing by Trey Songz

MK1:- Run this town:- Jay Z, Kanye West and Rihanna

Carolynne Poole:- Mr Know It All - Kelly Clarkson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Ugh, if they go down the electro/dance route with Rylan he will not survive. He showed last week that he can actually sing properly and singing something trashy will just add to his camp image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Heard James Arthur is doing a mash-up of Teardrop by Massive Attack and Dry Your Eyes by The Streets. Has the potential to be very good.

Amy Mottram:- Stepping Stone - Duffy

Adam Burridge:- Princess of China - Coldplay and Rihanna

Times Red:- I Need a Dollar - Aloe Blacc

Christopher Maloney:- What do you want from me - Adam Lambert

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adam Burridge:- Princess of China - Coldplay and Rihanna

This makes me want to vote for Adam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

GMD 3 are now District 3....so Louis said this morning

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    GMD 3 are now District 3....so Louis said this morning

Sounds like something from the Hunger Games :\

Advertisement