Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2012 (Spoilers Chat)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

LizT wrote: »
    Justask wrote: »
    GMD 3 are now District 3....so Louis said this morning

Sounds like something from the Hunger Games :\

Pmsl...it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Heroes night tonight with a host of olympians (none really that well-known bar Laura Trott Nicole Adams) appearing. Expect a cringefest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

any songs for tonight then?

Rylan apparently doing a variation of Gangnam Style. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I heard the theme was love songs though!

• Advertisement

I heard the theme was love songs though!

I think the theme thing has been blown out the window over the past few years. See Little Mix- TicToc and even last week. Starships??

cgpg5 wrote: »
    I think the theme thing has been blown out the window over the past few years. See Little Mix- TicToc and even last week. Starships??

I didn't even know what the theme was supposed to be last week.

I didn't even know what the theme was supposed to be last week.

Indeed, you wouldn't have a clue unless you saw it or heard about it.

Like with Rock week last year. A perceived disastrous theme for Little Mix and what happens- Tulisa gives them a pop song :mad:

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Indeed, you wouldn't have a clue unless you saw it or heard about it.

Like with Rock week last year. A perceived disastrous theme for Little Mix and what happens- Tulisa gives them a pop song :mad:

I just assumed there was no theme last week!

I just assumed there was no theme last week!

Was a heroes theme. How Nicki Minaj starships fits that bill I will never, ever know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm convinced the only reason they do a theme is to give the judges a reason to fight.

Mary J Blige reaches out to James Arthur on Saturday's show. The 24-year-old singer will take on her hit No More Drama and when the songstress heard he was covering her classic, she called him up to offer support and advice.

In a pre-recorded segment for tonight's show, Blige speaks to Arthur on the phone. He tells her he is a "big, big fan" before she advises him to "sing the song like you want something to change in your life, like you really, really wanna change something and that's it".

The theme for this week's show hits home for one contestant in particular, as Lucy Spraggan lost her grandmother earlier this week.

Bookies' favourite Ella Henderson is set to take on Minnie Ripperton's classic Lovin' You, which is famed for Ripperton's use of the whistle register in the original 1975 version.

Melanie Masson teases that she is set to sing a "contemporary" song cover, with her added "hippie vibe", while controversial singer Rylan Clark is set to take on a mash-up of contemporary songs, including Gangnam Style.

The X Factor continues on Saturday at 8:20pm on UTV and TV3.

Mary J Blige reaches out to James Arthur on Saturday's show. The 24-year-old singer will take on her hit No More Drama and when the songstress heard he was covering her classic, she called him up to offer support and advice.

In a pre-recorded segment for tonight's show, Blige speaks to Arthur on the phone. He tells her he is a "big, big fan" before she advises him to "sing the song like you want something to change in your life, like you really, really wanna change something and that's it".

:eek: Big, big song. Mary J absolutely kills it any time she sings it live.

One of my favourite performances ever on Jools Holland:

:eek: Big, big song. Mary J absolutely kills it any time she sings it live.

One of my favourite performances ever on Jools Holland:

I think he'll do a good job on it though, he injects emotion into any song he sings, just look at his performance of "I can't make you love me" at judges houses.

I think he'll do a good job on it though, he injects emotion into any song he sings, just look at his performance of "I can't make you love me" at judges houses.

Yeah, I think it'll definitely suit him better than what he sang last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Difficult to pick the bottom two this week. They all put in a great effort IMO. I think voting will come down to personal opinion, mostly this time. My least fave is Melanie. I think those powerful notes when she is "singing for her life" are not pleasant. Also, I'm probably going against the crowd when I say I'm not that enamored of James. I don't like the way he lumbers around the stage. But these are personal opinions.

Advertisement