Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Golden Biscuit Crunch

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Same idea as this milka favourite
    choco_0020_swing_0020_300gr_m.jpg

...only the biscuit is more crunchy and sorta flaky. Not as amazing as milka but a nice substitute - the different biscuit proabably takes away from it but the milky topping and the chocolate both taste loverly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Same idea as this milka favourite
    choco_0020_swing_0020_300gr_m.jpg

...only the biscuit is more crunchy and sorta flaky. Not as amazing as milka but a nice substitute - the different biscuit proabably takes away from it but the milky topping and the chocolate both taste loverly.

Om nom nom looks so good *drools :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

14481.png

I've tried the Golden Biscuit Crunch, but to be honest it's nothing particularly special.

I'm far more excited about trying the other new one, the Dairy Milk Toffee Popcorn:
    14490.png
    Might pick it up later :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't tasted the golden biscuit crunch. I have tried the toffee popcorn bar and it was very disappointing. Way more popcorn than chocolate and no great toffee flavour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i havent seen that in our country!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

They sell the milka one in the hungarian shop on parnell street, paprika I think it's called

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

actually, I just noticed that the new range from cadburys are copies of milka bars that are not on sale here yet, clever marketing or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

wonton wrote: »
    actually, I just noticed that the new range from cadburys are copies of milka bars that are not on sale here yet, clever marketing or what.
    Both are made by the same company now so it makes sense to sell them as cadburys here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Got the oreo one yesterday. Not overly impressed, it's nice but I wouldn't go mad over it. IF they're goign to emulate the milka bars the golden biscuit crunch needs to come in a smaller bar like the oreo one and the need to bring out the triolade type one cos that is yumminess.

Got the oreo one yesterday. Not overly impressed, it's nice but I wouldn't go mad over it. IF they're goign to emulate the milka bars the golden biscuit crunch needs to come in a smaller bar like the oreo one

So that there's less of it? Why would anyone ever wish for less chocolate?
    and they need to bring out the triolade type one cos that is yumminess.

I love that bar. I did, however, go on a Triolade binge quite recently though, so I'm good for a while :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So that there's less of it? Why would anyone ever wish for less chocolate?

I love that bar. I did, however, go on a Triolade binge quite recently though, so I'm good for a while :)

Ah didn't read over my post, the biscuit needs to be thinner in GBC if its to emulate milka. Milka biscuit is nicer, GBC is too thick. But no, the big bar is good. Not that I'll but it again at €3.50 a pop but it's good all the same. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sounds yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sounds yum!

Where do you get the triolade?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The popcorn one is Mank!!
    I love cadburys dairy milk... And love toffee popcorn, but this bar is gross!
    Avoid!
    The Oreo isn't great either. Milka do an Oreo bar (available abroad only I think?) that is miles better. Cadburys choc is so flavoursome, it's just not suited mixed with stuff in a bar I think

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The popcorn one is Mank!!
    I love cadburys dairy milk... And love toffee popcorn, but this bar is gross!
    Avoid!
    No way, I'm addicted to the thing. It's feckin' gorgeous.

Advertisement