Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny town bus services

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm due up in Aut Even on Friday morning for 8am for some dental surgey, and i have the train from Waterford sorted to have me there for 06.40, but can't for love nor money find local town bus services that might get me the 3.5km to Aut Even from the train station (if there is any).

Anyone local know of anything, or is it a walk/taxi i've to sort?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I thionk there is a local private service around town but have no idea of routes or anything. Usually car/walk/taxi in Kilkenny I'm afraid and Aut Even is well out of town. Walk would be possible, just long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Taxi it will be then!

Final question, would i need to book one for that early, or should there be a few hanging around?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Taxi it will be then!

Final question, would i need to book one for that early, or should there be a few hanging around?

Wouldn't see the need, there's always at least half dozen in the ranks at railway station. Should be much less than a tenner anyhow. Would prob need to order one back into town but am sure the clinic are well used to all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have someone collecting me, apparently won't be in any state to communicate! Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Ya, poor hure.Been there a couple of times for dental treatment.Should have no problem getting a taxi from the station.
    Bring your paper and things as there is no shop out there as far as I know.It could be lunch time by the time the paper round comes.
    Let us know if you would prefer to pre book a Taxi and I can recommend a few by PM.
    Best of luck with the treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's the petrol station beside it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement