Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS-2019

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

My friend asked me to write this as she is kind of worried. She was in New york on a j1 working visa. She went to Buffalo and wanted to see Niagra falls from the other side but thought that she should leave her ds2019 in her locker as she didn't want to lose it. Upon returning to the US, she is allowed in but is told that she should carry her ds2019 with her at all times. She got back to Ireland and found out that her ds2019 needed to be endorsed before she left. Will this cause her future problems when applying for a US visa.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It shouldn't be an issue. Crossing the Mexican/Canadian border usually isn't as big a deal as flying in from another country. however, next time, she should definitely have it endorsed in case the person greeting her at the border isn't as open to letting her into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

poisonated wrote: »
    My friend asked me to write this as she is kind of worried. She was in New york on a j1 working visa. She went to Buffalo and wanted to see Niagra falls from the other side but thought that she should leave her ds2019 in her locker as she didn't want to lose it. Upon returning to the US, she is allowed in but is told that she should carry her ds2019 with her at all times. She got back to Ireland and found out that her ds2019 needed to be endorsed before she left. Will this cause her future problems when applying for a US visa.

Thanks

It only need to be endorsed when you leave if you intend to reenter on the same visa. If this is not the case, then no problems.

Advertisement