If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JPM ML710i speakers

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Howdy I posted this earlier in the Hifi section but thought it was more apt here as I know these speakers were bought at richer sounds in Dublin
    any help much appreciated

My apologies if this question has been asked previously. I own a pair of JPW ml710i speakers, I inherited them ( cast off to me in reality). I am unsure how to wire them properly to my Marantz amp. On the back they have two black (LF) connections and two red (MF). The person who gave me them said when they got them there was some connection between these connectors but that is not there now. How exactly would I wire these to them amp.

It was mentioned to me about bi wiring (no idea).

Any help or tips would be really appreciated, I have checked the web for any info but there is nothing to be found for these speakers

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

What model amp do you have exactly?

Do the speakers come with the joiners for linking the black to black terminals and same for red?

First things you'll need to establish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

niallam wrote: »
    What model amp do you have exactly?

Do the speakers come with the joiners for linking the black to black terminals and same for red?

First things you'll need to establish :)

Hey there thanks for the reply, the amp is a marantz pm7000 and no there are no joiners, so I need to link black to black and red to red

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Hey there thanks for the reply, the amp is a marantz pm7000 and no there are no joiners, so I need to link black to black and red to red

LedgeB,

yep thats probably the best option unless you want to go the whole hog and biwire ( I'm not sure you will get much additional benefot bi-wiring from an integrated amplifier)

The best way of joining the terminals is to use a small piece of speaker cable as a 'jumper' then just connect the speaker cable from the amplifier (+ Positive) to either of the (+ Positive) terminals on the 710's and repeat for the ( - Negative termnals) Of course the note of caution - whatever you do don't connect the red to black or - to + whatever you do!

Still pretty good speakers the 710's - they throw out a good amount of Bass and most Marantz amps will keep them nicely under control.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you and of course just drop us a line if we can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

LedgeB,

yep thats probably the best option unless you want to go the whole hog and biwire ( I'm not sure you will get much additional benefot bi-wiring from an integrated amplifier)

The best way of joining the terminals is to use a small piece of speaker cable as a 'jumper' then just connect the speaker cable from the amplifier (+ Positive) to either of the (+ Positive) terminals on the 710's and repeat for the ( - Negative termnals) Of course the note of caution - whatever you do don't connect the red to black or - to + whatever you do!

Still pretty good speakers the 710's - they throw out a good amount of Bass and most Marantz amps will keep them nicely under control.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you and of course just drop us a line if we can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John thanks a million for getting back,

Quick question because I don't want to blow the speakers or anything, on the back of the speakers there are four connection two black two red

each set has one HF and on LF

SO on the speaker I connect the two HF and the two LF with the jumper wire and run the HF to + or - ?

I know these are ridiculous questions but im not much of a technical wizard

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    John thanks a million for getting back,

Quick question because I don't want to blow the speakers or anything, on the back of the speakers there are four connection two black two red

each set has one HF and on LF

SO on the speaker I connect the two HF and the two LF with the jumper wire and run the HF to + or - ?

I know these are ridiculous questions but im not much of a technical wizard

LB,

to make it simple- on the speaker you connect red to red and black to black - if you follow that principle you cannot go wrong!

:D (Hopefully.....)

bwireoption1.gif
    Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Ha Brilliant thanks a million for your help I really appreciate it

That worked a treat thanks a million for your help and advice

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.