Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick based alarm monitoring services which work with UPC phone?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

As per the subject line are there Limerick based alarm monitoring services which work with UPC phone?

Cheers.
    Tom.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Tom,
    Are you looking for an alarm company to set up monitoring for you or are you looking for a monitoring station.
    Any licenced installer can set up monitoring . Any alarm will work with UPC.
    Some companies try to tell you different to sell you unreliable GSM units. Don't listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mzbkc02

Hi KoolKid,

Currently have a monitored alarm which worked fine until I changed my phone and Internet over from UTV to UPC. My alarm monitoring company say that their alarm will not work with UPC and going to an expensive GSM alarm dialler is the only option.

What I really need are alternative options.

Tom.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is lies plain and simple. It works perfectly. Don't suppose they mentioned anything about the risks of jamming GSMs??
    Find another licenced company and another monitoring station. How are you supposed to trust these guy s with your security when they tell you lies like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I concur with Koolkids comments as above, perhaps your current alarm co, do not have the technical experience in connecting the alarm to the UPC router box.
    Also there is a Limerick based monitoring station it is called GGL if memory serves me correctly. If you are shopping around, just be carefull of one thing, there is a certain alarm company in Limerick, owned by a Cork company.
    If they connect to a monitoring station it will be a Cork based one, however the telephone number on the 'call monitoring station' sticker will have an 061 pretext, giving people the impression that the central station is in Limerick, which it is not.

Advertisement