Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a list of Grocery Items for sale

Options
  • 19-09-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Am looking for a website that will give me brands and groceries stocked by major retail stores in Ireland.

Preferably there are lists that I can copy and paste in Excel

I am trying to keep track of spending on groceries, any website that I can sign up to allow me to do that?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Not a chance - this information in that format would be used by competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not a chance - this information in that format would be used by competitors.

I don't want prices - I can sort that myself. Just the items names and weight/sizes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

vicwatson wrote: »
    I don't want prices - I can sort that myself. Just the items names and weight/sizes etc.

Well hopefully someone will correct me but I'd be very surprised. There used to be a group of guys that came round - if they identified themselves they got asked to leave pretty quickly.

You could perhaps ask the suppliers who they supply?

Well hopefully someone will correct me but I'd be very surprised. There used to be a group of guys that came round - if they identified themselves they got asked to leave pretty quickly.

You could perhaps ask the suppliers who they supply?

Thanks.

It's only for a household budget so I can see for example how much I'm spending a year on Toilet roll or Milk or whatever, thought it be saving me a lot of time to go typing all the products that I buy into my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not 100% what you are looking to achieve. Simply track what you spend, or a goal to try and save money. If you are looking for bargains there is of course bargain alerts. People have also linked to websites where independent lads give links to current bargains in all supermarkets, or at least easy links to current publication pages, like "lidls thursday special".

If you sign up to tesco you can search only for offers in various departments. I find this extremely useful. I used to go about tesco, find something for dinner, only to go have to go put it back when I found a better offer, and then found another. Now I search online before I go and stock up. It also shows when offers finish which is very useful if you are stocking up on long life or non-perishable products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Compile it yourself. Although this app is US centric, it allows you to scan in EAN barcodes. I'm sure this or something like it will allow you to do what you want.

Simply track what you spend, or a goal to try and save money

Exactly, just to simply track what I'm spending.

Am well up on the BA thread and amd quite a savvy shopper. I really want to track what I am spending my grocery cash on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think if you put in a few hours building a spreadsheet, using your last few grocery receipts, then you'll get most of the way there. After that, it would be a matter of refining it.

Advertisement