Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CvS2 released as a PS2 classic on Japanese PSN.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Me too, happy memories of this game. First one I kicked AJ's arse at, back when Zeus were a wee pup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wait a sec, didn't capcom say they couldn't release it as there was all kinds of legal wranglings involved and they didn't want to get into it with SNK right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Wait a sec, didn't capcom say they couldn't release it as there was all kinds of legal wranglings involved and they didn't want to get into it with SNK right now?

Probably Capcom USA can't, but no issues in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Great game.

Wild Iori is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

OH YES!

Shoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshoshouken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Did CvS2 on JP-PS2 have netplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did CvS2 on JP-PS2 have netplay?

It did, but it doesn't work in this port.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Svensson wrote:
    No joke, we just found out about this about a week ago (embarrassingly it wasn't in any product roadmap). The digital sales team is seeing what they can do on our side to get it up since it seems someone in Japan solved a legal issue that was previously a blocker.

To the best of my knowledge, it's a PS2 ROM running under emulation (as Godhand and Maximo also are). No idea what the original matching system ran on but I'd suspect it's no longer functioning. There was no new development/online work done here that I'm aware of (otherwise it would have been on our product roadmaps).
    What is this, the 90s? :pac:

Advertisement