Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Glenageary Road closing

Options
  • 19-09-2012 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Shamelessly taken from the commuting forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80844887#post80844887
    Proposed Temporary Closure of Glenageary Road Lower

23/08/2012

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council proposes to temporarily close Glenageary Road Lower, Dun Laoghaire to through traffic from Monday 24th of September, 2012 to Friday 14th of December, 2012 both dates inclusive.

The purpose of the closure is to facilitate road restoration works.

The proposed diversion route is Northbound via Glenageary Road Upper, Barnhill Road, Castlepark Road,Sandycove Road, Glasthule Road, and Summerhill Road. Southbound traffic will be diverted via Summerhill Road, Glasthule Road, Sandycove Road, Castlepark Road, Barnhill Road, Glenageary Road Upper. The diversions will be signposted and further details will be available on our website.

A Traffic Management Plan will be in operation and local access will be maintained at all times.

Any interested party may lodge an objection in writing with the Senior Engineer, Traffic Section at County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, not later than noon on 14th September,2012.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Well the re-surfacing is badly needed but 10 weeks (24th Sep to end Nov) seems a little excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Its the council, weeks of 35 men standing looking at a hole in the ground, followed by many sleeps in the van, with about 1 week of actual work :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Its about time that road was so dangerous and a proper bone shaker I have been onto the council for some time to do something potholes werent even been filled/patched

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I checked, the length of time is because the road is being excavated several metres down to its foundations and new utilities being put in. That road has been resurfaced several times in 10 years but the foundation has always resulted in it breaking up quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

The timing of this couldn't really be worse for the town and it's traders. The fact that it will take until December 14th to finish is just mad (from a commercial perspective) although I understand the engineering challenge.

From the perspective of getting people into the shops in the town, the business association really need to be pushing for the job to be finished quicker and for the 7 (or at least a temporarily upgraded, currently under utilised 8) to serve the town inbound during this period.

The local authority are obviously nuts with the ridiculously high rates, quota based parking regime and poorly timed roadworks so I think it's up to the traders and the residents to make the necessary noise.

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

I cant believe they waited until the schools reopened. The Mounttown rd is going to be the only route that people will know and follow. Also add in a mixture of bus diversions to confuse more (some this way, some that way).

Advertisement