Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company which will value engagement ring?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

We are renting so don't have house insurance.
    Does anyone know a company who insures just rings? I want it insured when away from the house aswell as in it!
    And anyone roughly any idea how much this costs? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

We are renting so don't have house insurance.
    Does anyone know a company who insures just rings? I want it insured when away from the house aswell as in it!
    And anyone roughly any idea how much this costs? Many thanks

Most if not all insurance companies provide all risks cover on specified items so you should be able to get this from any insurer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Oh! Thanks! I thought only specific companies did this. Must ring around so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I think you'll have to take Contents cover on your belongings in the rented house and add Specified All Risks cover for the ring. I don't think you can get All Risks on it's own

oldyouth wrote: »
    I think you'll have to take Contents cover on your belongings in the rented house and add Specified All Risks cover for the ring. I don't think you can get All Risks on it's own
    Even if the landlords own all the contents? We don't own any of the furniture in the house...how does that work? I can hardly ensure all our clothes or small possessions??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you have laptops, wiis, playstations or anything like that?

Contents will cover all of that.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you have laptops, wiis, playstations or anything like that?

Contents will cover all of that.

We have 1 laptop and my iPhone! That's about it though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Clothes?
    Bed lining?

If the house burned down tomorrow, what would it cost for you to go buy new clothes for personal use and work use etc etc thats the value on your contents.

kceire wrote: »

Clothes?
    Bed lining?

If the house burned down tomorrow, what would it cost for you to go buy new clothes for personal use and work use etc etc thats the value on your contents.

Didn't know I could insure clothes! Great thanks for all the advice!

Advertisement