Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know generally where this Haunted house is?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

It is featured here.

The names are of course changed, however there are some clues. Just wondering if anyone knows of it, or has seen it up close and what area of Dublin is it actually in?

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Most_Haunted_House.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

It is featured here.

The names are of course changed, however there are some clues. Just wondering if anyone knows of it, or has seen it up close and what area of Dublin is it actually in?

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Most_Haunted_House.html

With a name like Chuck Norris, I ain't telling u nothing man : )

Seriously tho, the author/owner of that book/website, is on boards and posted up about it recently. Check out 'Abandoned Ireland' thread from 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I would hazard a guess that if you read all the information on the page it will give you some hints as to were to look, as the author of the site doesn't put up locations as to stop the places being overrun with trespassers, all I'll say is look at the river Liffey as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Ziycon wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that if you read all the information on the page it will give you some hints as to were to look, as the author of the site doesn't put up locations as to stop the places being overrun with trespassers, all I'll say is look at the river Liffey as a starting point.

I have looked up and down the Liffey with 'bing birdseye' mapping that gives you an angled look at buildings, but cannot find it. I looked through Lucan, Palmerston, Strawberry beds etc.

With a name like Chuck Norris, I ain't telling u nothing man : )

Seriously tho, the author/owner of that book/website, is on boards and posted up about it recently. Check out 'Abandoned Ireland' thread from 2 weeks ago.

Yep, he'll never let people know where the places are, however if someone even wanted to PM it to me, it would great. It's a house worth reading more on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

some nice photos ... though I fail to see how its a haunted house rather than a run down derelict building. then again - if it looks creepy then its haunted ... right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maccored wrote: »
    some nice photos ... though I fail to see how its a haunted house rather than a run down derelict building. then again - if it looks creepy then its haunted ... right?

I think the story underneath the photo indicates as to why it's meant to be haunted.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I think the story underneath the photo indicates as to why it's meant to be haunted.

The photo's too ;)

Surely someone out there knows where it is :D

lockie1983 wrote: »

not really. how can you actually link the story to the building when we don't even know where the house is or anything about it?

If the story was in fact based on anything, it shouldnt be too hard to google it and therefore find out where the house is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

You could ask the man himself, he posts here.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80805798&postcount=31

not really. how can you actually link the story to the building when we don't even know where the house is or anything about it?

If the story was in fact based on anything, it shouldnt be too hard to google it and therefore find out where the house is.

Names are changed etc to prevent identification. I'd simply like to know more about the history of it, as the characters names seem to be changed too as they are not googleble :)

Contacting the author is of not use, his site clearly tells you he won't identify them ;)

Surely an abandoned house of that size is known to others though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I also asked about this house and no one would tell me , my character was ripped to.pieces too , I like to learn all about the property , the supposed haunting , history etc and then to sketch it. I was told though that some of the properties are not even in the counties he has named them as.

alie wrote: »
    I also asked about this house and no one would tell me , my character was ripped to.pieces too , I like to learn all about the property , the supposed haunting , history etc and then to sketch it. I was told though that some of the properties are not even in the counties he has named them as.

I think you are correct. I trawled the entire Liffey. I think the house might be in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The house isn't haunted.

The tale is tall and is a work of fiction.

I have looked at abandoned Ireland and lots of the descriptions are very similar. I feel you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Stay away from it OP.
    Nothing good will come from a visit there. Eeeeee

Do you know where it tayto lover, I will buy you a weeks supply of tayto if you tell us. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

ah hear, leave it ou'!

leddpipe wrote: »
    ah hear, leave it ou'!

Oh right .. it obviously is haunted then, yes? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

A pal of mine told me that if a house looks creepy, then its definitely gonna be haunted, and I believe him. AND he says that Man U will win the Premiership. It just goes to show you that you can't be right all of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pearl21

After spending a good few days searching for this place I finally found it - not too far from Lucan. I ventured up to the house yesterday with two friends. Got in through a downstairs window but we were only in the hall two minutes when my friend said she saw a figure standing on the stairs pointing at her! the other friend screamed and suddenly we were all trying to get out the house as fast as possible. We hardly stopped running till back at the car! I am up for a return trip but the other two won't go anywhere near the place!

• Advertisement

Pearl21 wrote: »
    After spending a good few days searching for this place I finally found it - not too far from Lucan. I ventured up to the house yesterday with two friends. Got in through a downstairs window but we were only in the hall two minutes when my friend said she saw a figure standing on the stairs pointing at her! the other friend screamed and suddenly we were all trying to get out the house as fast as possible. We hardly stopped running till back at the car! I am up for a return trip but the other two won't go anywhere near the place!

PM sent!

well done! Breaking into abandoned buildings is just such a very responsible and grown up thing to do.

well done! Breaking into abandoned buildings is just such a very responsible and grown up thing to do.

Well, when you grow up watching movies like the Goonies, it's something you just want to do.

The optimal word is 'abandoned'. You do so at YOUR OWN risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Are you sure it wasn't a homeless person / drug addict? Also didn't the goonies end up spending the entire movie running for their lives from a murderous group of criminals and their physically and mentally abused special needs son/brother?

Anyway abandoned dosnt mean that it's not owned. There is a private forum for Urban Exploration, this isn't the place to be discussing tresspassing ect.

The optimal word is 'abandoned'. You do so at YOUR OWN risk.

its trespassing, the result of which is something that makes its much harder for other people to get into interesting buildings.

its trespassing, the result of which is something that makes its much harder for other people to get into interesting buildings.

Yep, like myself. I never trespassed anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pearl21

since I got so many PMs asking for location details I thought about a group outing to investigate the place????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

since I got so many PMs asking for location details I thought about a group outing to investigate the place????

I'd be much more afraid of the living than the dead. Especially those who we elected, scary people they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So how did you manage to find it? As in, what search parameters did you use to figure out the location? I've no plans on visiting, just wondering how you figured it out.
    I'd say the figure on the stairs was a squatter. The point might have been an expression of 'WTF?'

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »
    So how did you manage to find it? As in, what search parameters did you use to figure out the location? I've no plans on visiting, just wondering how you figured it out.
    I'd say the figure on the stairs was a squatter. The point might have been an expression of 'WTF?'

I followed google earth from top to bottom around the Liffey and could not find it. I used bing birdeyes view and still couldn't find it.

Advertisement