Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford credit union - Whats going on here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thought all Credit Unions were gone this way by now? It works out cheaper for the CU to run DD, and it's more manageable. Plus less cash in the CU's which = less probability of being robbed.

And there are no extra charges for DD (not with PTSB anyway) unless you miss the payment and you get a referral fee.

Go there was alot of acronyms there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

With AIB it's 20c for every Direct Debit (assuming it's not late). I assume it's something similar with BOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Adyx wrote: »
    With AIB it's 20c for every Direct Debit (assuming it's not late). I assume it's something similar with BOI.

As long as you do a certain amount of online banking with BOI every quarter its free e.g. topping up your phone through your online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Elbows22 wrote: »
    As long as you do a certain amount of online banking with BOI every quarter its free e.g. topping up your phone through your online banking.
    Only if you lodge €3000 per quarter or maintain a balance of €3000 though which is only a slightly better option than AIB really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not anymore:

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/pca-press-ad-final-18thsept.pdf

I moved there from AIB when they brought in charges. The first quarter I paid €48.

Time to leave BOI too now.

I'm off to cancel my dd's the savings I make with the companies is mitigated by bank charges.

They even charge for credits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I pay credit union weekly with the quick pay, money in envelope thing. Tbh I'd rather direct debit.Saves me going down every week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

banjacksed wrote: »
    Have a look a this.

http://www.waterfordcu.ie/index.php/news/changes-to-our-loans-process/

Im i reading this right as they are now requiring anyone how gets a loan from sep 1, they must pay it back by direct debit through a bank incurring more charges. :eek:

I can understand why they'd do this, it gives them a level of security for paying back the loan and if you are giving loans out right now you want a level of security behind it being paid back. Wouldn't you if you were them?

Advertisement