Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to be on halloween night?

• 19-09-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

So Halloween is almost here, what are everybody's plans? Where is the best place to go for Halloween? Would Dublin have the best Halloween party's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Any Boozer

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

have a houseparty, save yourself the hassle of having to queue for pints and save yourself the taxi home.

or, go to town and then complain to joe the next day that you had to do it because everyone was in town and it was packed and you couldnt get to the bar and the taxi cost a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Good ole fashion bonfire with a few tins :D

To be young again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

have a houseparty, save yourself the hassle of having to queue for pints and save yourself the taxi home.

or, go to town and then complain to joe the next day that you had to do it because everyone was in town and it was packed and you couldnt get to the bar and the taxi cost a fortune.

Do I have to RSVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Good ole fashion bonfire with a few tins :D

To be young again :rolleyes:

What ya mean to be young again? I do that every weekend with my mates and im 47 :eek::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭celt262

Between the hours of 3 and 8.30 either pull the curtains and keep the lights off or go to someone elses house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Best place to be on halloween night?

In the house, keeping the pets calm and hosing down all who try and get to our front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Hell would be the place on Halloween i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Transylvania is bound to be a good spot for Halloween night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Detroit.

They take bonfires to an entirely different level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

So Halloween is almost here, what are everybody's plans? Where is the best place to go for Halloween? Would Dublin have the best Halloween party's?

It's 6 weeks away! Christmas is just round the corner too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Im off to a fancy dress/ House party dressed at patrick bateman

Clear Raincoat and suit, easiest costume in the world :D

Pretty sure i'll be stopped by the guards if i carried an axe though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

in Ireland I think Derry puts on the biggest Halloween celebrations... they used to anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Im off to a fancy dress/ House party dressed at patrick bateman

Clear Raincoat and suit, easiest costume in the world :D

Pretty sure i'll be stopped by the guards if i carried an axe though :(

I'm going as him too. I'm going to stay at home getting drunk and if anyone knocks at the door I'll be answering in the nip with a chainsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Phil hogans tax exempt house with a box of rotten duck eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Derry has by far the biggest Halloween party. Virginia has the Pumpkin Festival around the same time which has a huge fancy dress party as part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I'm going as him too. I'm going to stay at home getting drunk and if anyone knocks at the door I'll be answering in the nip with a chainsaw.

Haha legend! Dont forget the pair of trainers :D

I was either gonna go as Bateman or Heisenberg, whom i have the costume of too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Haha legend! Dont forget the pair of trainers :D

I was either gonna go as Bateman or Heisenberg, whom i have the costume of too.

Well of course! What better way to give the kids a nice treat than by chasing them down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

yep, Derry city is great craic for Halloween - everyone and I mean everyone dresses up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I hope to be in Kitty's knickers, at least till she gets home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 akiko

Last year Galways Latin Quarter hosted a big event. A festival including a Halloween style street carnival, with trick or treat stalls, a street circus and a re-enactment of the Thriller video.

Anyone know if they have plans to run something this year too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

anywere inside
    because outside
    its all the 13-18 year olds, drunk, messing with bangers throwing them at people
    acting mad
    sick everywere
    kids jumping over bonfires

typical hollaween in dublin :D cant wait ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Detroit.

They take bonfires to an entirely different level.

That could be any day of the year though.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

halloween: the one time of the year when pedo's can give kids sweets and no one bats an eyelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

halloween: the one time of the year when pedo's can give kids sweets and no one bats an eyelid

That's all changed.

Pedo's give them little bags of fruit and nuts these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

When I was younger the entire neighborhood used to start building this gigantic bonfire on the green about 1-2 months before hand. Every kid from all over would start lobbing stuff into a big heap until it stood about 20ft high. Jaysus it was great.

As times progressed and into the early 2000's they put a stop to it and halloween was ruined for everyone the end :(

yep, Derry city is great craic for Halloween - everyone and I mean everyone dresses up.

Everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Up to the knees in your ma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Barricaded into the house with the storm shutters down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Barricaded into the house with the storm shutters down.
    Ditto. When "everyone" goes out, that's my cue to stay in.

PS: I've been in Ireland for 13 years, and I still can't figure out what a "Barm Brack" is for. My best guess to date is that it's meant to be launched from a Trebuchet, in the general direction of London, on the 5th of November. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Am thinking a hefty proportion of my itunes would be the ultimate soundtrack to the samhain season.. maybe I could find employment/adulation somewhere by pressing play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

bnt wrote: »
    Ditto. When "everyone" goes out, that's my cue to stay in.

PS: I've been in Ireland for 13 years, and I still can't figure out what a "Barm Brack" is for. My best guess to date is that it's meant to be launched from a Trebuchet, in the general direction of London, on the 5th of November. :o

Lightly toasted with butter.Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Everyone?

Just about, tens of thousands I'd guess. We were in a busy nightclub and found 1 person not dressed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Rat arsed at gaff.
    Local nightclub cum sweatbox.
    Survive heat stroke.
    Put costume in wardrobe for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Stay in, sit by the fireside with a few beers, and read some HP Lovecraft stories by candlelight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Anywhere that darkness may fall across the land and the midnight hour is close at hand that you may find creatures crawling in search of blood that might terrorise the neighbourhood.

Advertisement