Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankie Boyle Olympia Theatre December

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Anybody going to see Frankie in December? Mans a genius and tickets are reasonably priced at 30 euro's! Never been to the Olympia before so does anybody know what the best seats are cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Stalls are the best seats - ground floor flats!

Upper circle are terrible - if he hits the front of the stage you will not be able to see him anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

If you are any taller than 5 foot, then stay away from the first 6-7 rows of the circle or upper circle! There is literally NO leg room, got 2nd row seats in the circle for a gig and ended up moving back to the 10th row just to have some comfort..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cheers folks much appreciated will deffo get stall seat's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Fookin sold out..anyone want to sell their tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

Got the oh tickets in may cant wait to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Excellent show I thought, no surprises but you know what you are going to get with Frankie. It's like he has a checklist of people he has to abuse, and in the worst possible way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Was there support?
    What time was frankie on stage at?
    How long did it go on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Was there support?
    What time was frankie on stage at?
    How long did it go on for?

Yes, support was a Canadian guy named Craig Campbell. Very funny guy.

Support was on-stage shortly after 8pm, did about 20-25 minutes. 10-15 minute break then Frankie came on and did about 80 minutes. Was over at about 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Boyle was excellent last night, he doesn't care what he says :D

I didn't think his Michael Jackson joke/routine was that funny to be honest.

The support act I wasn't to keen on, he is one of those comedians who shouts a lot and people laugh at.

Anyway great gig overall though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Enjoyed both acts last night. Excellent stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I went on the Monday night and thought both acts were very good. I do get annoyed by the vast amount of people getting up to go to the toilet, could they not hold it in for the 80 mins or so that he was on stage, it was very very frustrating and showed a lack of respect for Frankie.

frankies buddy rob delaney is playing vicar st. in april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The thing that pi**ed me off was the rule "if you leave your seats during Frankie's routine to go to the toilet you wont be let back to your seat".
    I wasn't told of that rule before the show and I seen one man getting bounced out through the exit by the security,
    Surly they cant charge you for seats and then deny you the use of them?
    They should at least tell you the "rule" at the time of purchase and not after you walk through the door.

I wish they had that rule for every gig...people going to the jax in the Olympia are a pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I wish they had that rule for every gig...people going to the jax in the Olympia are a pain in the hole.

I thought it was the seats being way to close together that was a pain in the hole not the people that paid to use them, by the end of Frankies routine me and hundreds of other people had a pain in our m!ckey's Literally

Advertisement