Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1969 Whiskey/Scotch in Ireland?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    This is a bit of a long shot but if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a bottle of whiskey or scotch from 1969 that I can get here in Ireland. I have checked the Celtic Whiskey Shop. I have seen some bottles online but I would like to get it as a present and if I order it now it will not get here in time.

If there is anywhere out there where I can get one (at a semi-reasonable price) I will drive anywhere.

Many thanks in advance.

F. Field
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I would say no. Very unlikely you'd get one anywhere. There is the Midleton 30, distilled 1969, but that would cost you up to 3,000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Google the whisky exchange and see what they have to offer. Just do a search for 1969. You might get lucky and get something between 1 & 200.

As broc says you'll probably not get an Irish. I saw a tomintoul in the whisky exchange which is reasonable and it is a nice whisky in general. Not sharp or overly Smokey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You might have more success if you broadened to armanac too. I assume it's a birthday present.

Advertisement