Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Brand - replacement recommendations

Options
  • 19-09-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Looking to get the Gas boiler replaced. Have 3 quotes ranging from €2000 for the Logic boiler & Baxi and €2200 for a worcester bosch. don't have a clue about these things but any advice on whick is the best brand to go for?
    At this stage I'm thinking of flipping a coin. they all seem similar with the same warrenty ect.

Any advice on this and also is it really worth getting heading controls installed?
    They are adding roughly another €1000 onto the job so wondering if I'll bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

garethmc wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Looking to get the Gas boiler replaced. Have 3 quotes ranging from €2000 for the Logic boiler & Baxi and €2200 for a worcester bosch. don't have a clue about these things but any advice on whick is the best brand to go for?
    At this stage I'm thinking of flipping a coin. they all seem similar with the same warrenty ect.

Any advice on this and also is it really worth getting heading controls installed?
    They are adding roughly another €1000 onto the job so wondering if I'll bother.

I have no idea on baxi but myself it would be worcester bosch all the way for me. Have had several new gas combi boilers in the UK and the worcester have been the best. Never gave any serious problems and worked well.
    Can't say the same about a gloworm. This was 10 years ago.
    Of course things can improve or get worse but I would go worcester.

I would upgrade the controls to save money in the long run. If it's a grant I would think it would be a requirement?

Stove Fan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

my personal preference would be viessmann followed by worcester.i would stress to u to make sure ur system is chemically flushed before boiler install.as regards controls,seperate heating and hot water zones and thermostatic rad valves will all help save you money too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 onesean

Ideal logic is the best priced with a 92% efficiency and if installed by an RGI installer that has done a simple training course it comes with a 5 year labour and parts warranty. I got one recently and its a great yoke , and the fire up is silent , so if it comes on during the night it won't be waking you up with the noise of the pilot light ingniting.

Advertisement