Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash Audio URL

• 19-09-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭

I have an internet radio that plays either MP3, Windows Media or Realaudio streams. Stream URL's are stored on the radio's web portal site (frontier silicon)

One of my favourite streams has recently changed from windows media to a flash stream and I can't get it to play on my radio.

Is there any way of finding a specific url from the website embedded flash player that would result in the radio being able to play an mp3 stream?

I.E - Can I extract a specific audio URL string to load on the portal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ger Roe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

What is the station your trying to listen to?? (Maybe someone can pull it for ya icon7.gif)

I have a GRACE internet radio..... THOSE RADIOS ARE NICE ARENT THEY??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

See if URL Snooper picks it up. The stream may be in a format unsuitable for your radio player. (The best solution if this is the case is to contact the radio station itself for assistance :) )

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The station is NASA TV.

It used to be available as a windows media stream but they have recently cut back on the amount of stream options that they provide.

I used to listen to the TV stream instead of the live mission audio stream since the live mission stream can be silent for very long periods. The TV stream fills in the gaps between live mission audio with various documentary items.

URL snooper didn't seem to work for me and I tried contacting NASA TV but didn't get a reply.

I'll keep looking to see if there is some way to do it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

If you can find a player that recognises RTMP you can play it directly smile.gif

rtmp://cp76072.live.edgefcs.net/live

rtmp://cp39920.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live/nasahd@55196

I dunno why they wanna make it HARDER for people to watch/listen to them!!

Makes no sense.........

Advertisement