Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Mitchell (Jimmy from Fair City)

Options
  • 19-09-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine who lives in New York reckons he was served in a pub by David Mitchell a few weeks back. No idea why I'm interested, but does anyone know if he acts any more? The last mention I can see of him online is him going to some acting school in America.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

America no.

Jimmys in Australia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

His currently working in a Pub called de Playwright on 35th street.Brother was served my him lastnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yep, he works in a bar in NYC alright and according to an Irish newspaper (Herald, I think) he HATES people referring to him as Jimmy from FC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

This is probably a very silly comment, but...

I wonder how he would react if someone came up to him and said "You look and sound a lot different from when you're on Peep Show"? :o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Will be in New York for a few days before Christmas.. I'll have to pop in and see Jimmy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Will be in New York for a few days before Christmas.. I'll have to pop in and see Jimmy.
    Irish Mail on Sunday did a spread on him a while back. Basically he went over to conquer America and now he's lucky if he conquers a packet of peanuts behind the bar. If you don't like the pub call him Jimmy - you'll soon see the street outside ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

sffc wrote: »
    Irish Mail on Sunday did a spread on him a while back. Basically he went over to conquer America and now he's lucky if he conquers a packet of peanuts behind the bar. If you don't like the pub call him Jimmy - you'll soon see the street outside ;-)

DO IT. we can all remember how much your man from one foot in the grave liked it when father ted said to him 'i dont believe it'.

call david, jimmy and record it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Give him a howaya Jimmy in a Harry Molloy voice..

Not meaning to point out the obvious, but even by Fair City standards, Jimmy was TERRIBLE! Even after 10+ years on the job! Wooden as hell.. Only outdone by Rita!

How did he even get a visa???

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irish born lass

brophs wrote: »
    A mate of mine who lives in New York reckons he was served in a pub by David Mitchell a few weeks back. No idea why I'm interested, but does anyone know if he acts any more? The last mention I can see of him online is him going to some acting school in America.

Hi guys, myself & 5 of our friends visited NY 3 weeks ago. David isn't working in the Playwright anymore.
    Seriously though, you all have this lad very wrong. A more down to earth person you'll never meet. He was so happy and welcoming to see a group of fellow Irish people come in for a big pint. We called him Jimmy & he just laughed. He had so many great stories about the show & he himself acknowledged that he would have loved to try make it somewhere stateside but his dream may have come too late. He is enjoying the New York living & he flies home often to see his family. He misses friends & family terribly & spends most Christmas's alone. Why would any of you want to slate someone with such a great big kind heart is beyond me. Will it make us better people if we judge?

David done what any kid would've done all those years ago, he was given an opportunity to take a part on Irish tv& he took it. This guy has genuinely got Irish blood throughout his body. I was so happy we went to visit him. He made me think about my roots again & made me realise how special it is to bra true Irish!

Let's support our guys rather than slate them. & if the Irish independent wrote that about one of their own, shame on them! I hope one day no one speaks of their child this way. Sometimes critics need to have a look in their own mirror instead of slating everyone else. He is a humbling, amazing guy that I was so proud to say I've actually met him & got to know him. All our group said exactly the same. Here's to David Mitchell making his dream a reality whatever it may be!!! Cheers David (if you ever read these)
    From Nancy & all the gang that sang great sofa at your bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mod Note

This thread is over a year old. Don't see any relevance in dragging it up again.
    Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement