Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever done the 'Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL)' scheme?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

The college claims that they have a scheme for potential student without the right level of qualification to enroll based on employment experience and personal projects that they have completed.

For example, if a student wished to apply for a certificate course at level 8, but only had a level 7 qualification. Then they could try to apply through this scheme.

Has anyone ever successfully done so and can share experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

RPEL is not that worrying really, I have done this, they were asking me to do it because i didnt have relevant work experience needed for the course I applied for but matched qualification standards.
    there they ask you a few questions ( got as an attachment in mail), you need to answer them based on your work or life experiences, voluntary work counts here if u have done any, like minding ur friends baby for instance?

Dont worry, Its not that hard, anyone can aswer them and above all all those questions can be linked to ur routine life experience as well.If you have any work experience it helps a lot to answer them more efficiently.

Hope I aswered all your confusions :)
    Oh yes, if u have not ever studied in EU, US, AUSTRALIA and some more i dont remember u may be even asked to give a TELL test to check ur english language profeciency.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

RPEL is not that worrying really, I have done this, they were asking me to do it because i didnt have relevant work experience needed for the course I applied for but matched qualification standards.

What if it's the reverse? Say for example a person does have work experience and has made their own personal projects such as websites and others, but only has an ordinary degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

What if it's the reverse? Say for example a person does have work experience and has made their own personal projects such as websites and others, but only has an ordinary degree?

the same can be vice versa too, they just want to know that u have the knowledge and experience equivalent to the required for that course :)

Advertisement