Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just started college as a mature student. I have a current account with BOI but never had wages going into it. I had my wages going into another account with Ulster Bank.

I was hoping to somehow borrow about 1000 for college.

Are students expected to be working or is that the whole point of a student loan? That you can borrow with no job but attending college?

Would i have to convert account into Student account also?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Media999.

Thanks for your query.

Student loans are available to students attending a full time third level course. Being employed is not a requirement.
    It is not necessary for you to have a student current account to apply for a student loan, however with this type of account there are no day to day transaction charges. Details of our student accounts are available here.

For more information on our student loans please see here. If you wish to apply for the loan, please contact the Lending Advisor in your account holding branch.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

According to that it only covers fees. Is that correct?

I need 1000 for a car to get me to college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Media999,

The link would refer to a loan to pay fees for college. If it is for a car, you can apply for a personal loan or a motor loan through your local branch.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement