Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current rates accurate on website based on planned increases?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Several news stories talked about approved rate increases for both electricity and gas, not just at Electric Ireland but Bord Gais as well.

Are the rates posted on your website updated to include the increase? There is no date listed on this page that I could find.

https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/pricePlanElec.htm

It would be extremely helpful if you listed something along the lines of "Rates effective as of xx/xx/xx".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi ScottSF,

1st October is the date from which this is effective.

More details here.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Thanks for the super prompt reply.

So my follow up question is, with the rate increase do you have any idea if there will still be a 6% (or so) savings by switching to Electric Ireland for gas too (for existing electric customers)? I was offered this discount but with the rates on the move upward (unfortunately for all) it becomes difficult to compare.

Hi again ScottSF,

Yes, with that price plan there is a 4% (for direct debit) and 2% (for online billing) discount applicable to units used, irrespective of the price change. For an electricity/gas account, these discounts apply to each fuel, plus there is also a Dual Fuel discount of 3% which the customer can have applied to whichever fuel they prefer (note: this cannot be changed to the other fuel down the line).

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Wonderful! Thanks for following up with helpful detailed information about the discounts at Electric Ireland. I'm glad that you are using Boards.ie to communicate with your customers. I prefer this over calling.

No problem at all Scott - thanks for the kind words. :)

If you require any further assistance, we're here 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Or drop us a private message if you wish.

All the best,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 iceteabar

Do standing charges increase by 5.9% too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi iceteabar,

The 5.9% figure is the percentage overall increase, which includes the PSO Levy. The increase in standing charges is closer to 5% (4.9 approx).

In the case of the standing charge for domestic urban customers with a standard 24hr meter, the increase is as follows: €0.2893 per day to €0.3036 (excl. VAT), or €0.3284 to €0.3446 (incl. VAT). The rates as quoted in our priceplans on our website will be updated on October 1st.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement