Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawnbrokers - Pawn iPhone 4S?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just ran into a spot of financial bother and am looking to pawn my iphone 4S (with the intention of buying it back of course), however I could only manage to get through to two Pawn Shops before my credit ran out and both claimed they only dealt in jewelry.

I have heard of a place in the city center that will pawn iphones/smartphones but I have no idea where it is, and I need to get this done before Friday, so if anyone could enlighten me as to where I might find a place that would be willing to do so?

Very desperate here...a speedy reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot folks...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is a place on Liffey st that buys phones. Can't think of the name of it off hand though. It's beside the entrance to Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedeadp0et

Cheers for the reply - yeah I know about that place alright but what I'm looking for is somewhere I can get a small cash loan and use the phone as collateral; some where that works the same principle as a Pawn Broker you know? I dont actually want to sell the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cash Converters in the Moore St Mall? But they'll charge you more to get your phone back than they'll give to you.

I've no problem paying more to get the phone back, but isnt Cash Converters closed down now? Is there anywhere similar?

I'd even be willing to try whichever place the person in this [ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056690715&page=3 ] thread had their bit of 'bother' with, but it doesnt mention where they're talking about and PM'ing them has proved useless.

It does mention its in Dublin 1 though, so I suppose a walk about the area should yield some success.

Any further help appreciated - many thanks to those who've replied already, but I'm fairly certain cash converters went out of busniess a long time ago: http://www.cashconvertersireland.ie/notice.html

EDIT: This thread mentions that Cash Converters has now changed its name to Cash Connectors, so maybe I'll have a little luck there. As far as I know, they've always asked for the original box, and if you dont have a charger with the phone they tend not to accept it either which could be a problem as I tend to charge mine through a dock connector, but we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Best thing to do is just to sell it on adverts and then buy another one when you can afford it. Chances are it'll be cheaper then anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

I've no problem paying more to get the phone back

your stuck for money you want to sell your phone and yet you'd have no problem paying more to get it back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Ah yes.
    A sure thing in the 3:20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Keep on topic please - do not give financial advice to the OP, they didn't ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Try Carthy Pawnbroking in Marlboro street, not sure if they'll take a phone though

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

There was a place downstairs in the shopping centre off Moore St (not the Ilac Centre) that did what you're looking for.

edit: Sorry, it might be the Cash Convertors place that's mentioned above. Only skimmed the replies

• Advertisement

mtjm wrote: »
    your stuck for money you want to sell your phone and yet you'd have no problem paying more to get it back :eek:

Temporarily stuck for money.

You'd have a really hard time trying to get a loan without paying interest back, thats how it works - otherwise why would people bother?

Just to inform others - I've tried Kearns and Breretons and none of these will take anything other than jewelery; even at that they were very strict on what they'd accept as I had a Maurice Lacroix and they wouldnt accept that because it wasnt "that popular". I think they thought I nicked it to be honest (no, I didn't). I figured the same fate for Carthys so I didnt bother.

Anyway, I got a lend in the end. Popped some items up on Adverts too which should bring in some cash, thanks for the advice chaps and lasses...

Advertisement