Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

• 19-09-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get into the current BETA for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? I downloaded it last night and played a few matches. I have to say I'm glad I did because I now know I have one less game to buy later this year.

I guess I should have known because I'm not really a fan of Smash Bros., a game that clearly influenced PS All-Stars. I was excited to try this though because it has so many recognisable characters. I had the same problem with PS-All Stars as I have with Smash Bros. Basically I find it so hard to concentrate on what is happening, especially when there is more than one of your chosen character on screen.

The game seems very well put together and a lot of thought has gone into some of the signature moves and the environments. I guess the game just isn't for me.

Anyone here interested in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just played the Beta for a bit there and I did enjoy it to my suprise.

That being said, you're dead right about trying to keep track. I lost track of my character in the mayhem so many times. From multiple versions of the same character having little difference between them, to the screen pulling out so far you can barely even see your character, they need to add something.

Kratos seems to have a huge advantage over the other characters atm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kratos seems to have a huge advantage over the other characters atm too.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It might just be because I don't know how to play properly and Kratos' weapons have some range and he suited to button-mashing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

From what I've seen of it doesn't look half as fun as smash brothers.Actually it looks quite poor in comparison

Advertisement