Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus/DART to Parnell GAA club (Chanel Club) in Coolock?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey, can anyone tell me what bus to get from town to this club? Going there for a function. Or if there's a DART station is nearby? Thank you so much : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Hey, can anyone tell me what bus to get from town to this club? Going there for a function. Or if there's a DART station is nearby? Thank you so much : )

Alot of buses will drop you near it, I think the 27 will drop you the nearest and most frequent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anything going up the Malahide Road should do you if you're coming from the city centre.
    15, 27, 42, 43 - ask to be let off at Chanel College. As ANXIOUS said, 27 is probably the most frequent.

From elsewhere, the 17a from Blanchardstown or Kilbarrack leaves you only a short walk away on Oscar Traynor Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Great thanks for that : ) Do these buses all leave from Eden Quay? Or is there a DART station near this gaa club do you know? I could get the DART but don't want to be stuck at the far end trying to make my way. Really appreciate the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Great thanks for that : ) Do these buses all leave from Eden Quay? Or is there a DART station near this gaa club do you know? I could get the DART but don't want to be stuck at the far end trying to make my way. Really appreciate the help

killester dart station isnt far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

killester dart station isnt far
    You must be thinking of Parnell Park admiralofthefleet because killester dart station is a bit away from Parnell's GAA club
    Any of the buses mentioned above will do OP, 27&15 most often from Eden Quay.
    There's no close dart station with out getting a bus or taxi aswell as dart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They all stop at the bus stop across the road from the LUAS at Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Unless you want to get the dart to Kilbarack then when you get off yoiu can get the 17A, but like others said your better off getting bus, most within 10 minute freq or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

delw wrote: »
    You must be thinking of Parnell Park admiralofthefleet because killester dart station is a bit away from Parnell's GAA club
    Any of the buses mentioned above will do OP, 27&15 most often from Eden Quay.
    There's no close dart station with out getting a bus or taxi aswell as dart

taxi? are you serious. parnell park is less than a 10 minute walk from killester dart station

oops, you are right. dont know why i read that as parnell park

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Great thanks guys, now to prepare to battle my way onto the bus.. Friday evening buses in Dublin should be fun ; ) Thanks again for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'm going over Friday night on 27 bus but I don't know the area and hope to get off bus at chanell college. Any landmarks I should watch out for? I will be travelling from city centre.

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I'm going over Friday night on 27 bus but I don't know the area and hope to get off bus at chanell college. Any landmarks I should watch out for? I will be travelling from city centre.

The easiest way is to ask the driver to give you a shout. You want bus stop number 1200. It's the first one after a major roundabout that the bus will go through.

Town - on right Fairview Park, bus takes a left up Malahide Road, goes up a slight hill, big church on right (Donnycarney), playing fields on right, roundabout, yours is the next stop.

Advertisement