Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Works on N24, possible upgrades coming?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering could you tell me if there are any upgrades due for my area. My contract is up and I want to cancel due to excessive prices for mediocre speeds.

I notice some cable being installed along the N24 outside Clonmel with an Eircom sign around the work sites and was thinking it might be for NGB? If this will be coming to my area I will hold onto the contract. I live in Kilsheelan, outside Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.

Any info is much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering could you tell me if there are any upgrades due for my area. My contract is up and I want to cancel due to excessive prices for mediocre speeds.

I notice some cable being installed along the N24 outside Clonmel with an Eircom sign around the work sites and was thinking it might be for NGB? If this will be coming to my area I will hold onto the contract. I live in Kilsheelan, outside Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.

Any info is much appreciated, thanks!

Hi AlanMc86,

Have checked the exchange upgrade list and can tell you that the Kilsheelan exchange is on the provisional list for 2012. No definite date as yet but hopeful it will be done this year. Phase I & II of the fibre project doesn't include Tipp at the moment so there's a good chance it's some kind of upgrade. eircom will normally drop a letter in the door when NGB is available. I've also tested your line using the details from a previous contact and can see the max rate on your line is around 7.6mb so NGB should give you a speed increase.

Regards

James

Advertisement