Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just drank a cup of Barrys and I liked it

• 19-09-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I feel like such a dirty whore, like I just slept with half the town in one whole day.

For years and years we drank Lyons tea, and then one day these lads who were working in our house had the audacity to decide to bring their unholy and disgusting Barry Tea Bags into our residence.A staunch Lyons house I might add, it would have been equivalent to a Catholic lad brininging a Protestant girl to meet his granny. It wouldn't be tolerated. Anyway, it was left in the house, I was really dying for a cuppa, and all we had was that goddamn Barrys and it was late and I was tired. So I agreed to have it, really I must have been bad, and I know I should of just waited and bought Lyons, which I knew to be beautiful but I needed some tea, any tea, and Barrys was there, in my hour of need.

I said to myself, I know I won't like it, it's just one cup of tea, it won't mean anything. But then as I cupped that cup and drank it up, I got a warm, nice feeling inside, and my tastebuds became alive, I was receiving pleasure, drinking Barrys. And I know it's wrong and I know I shouldn't have done it, not after 20 years of Lyons and it being there for me when it mattered, on those cold and dark days in the depths of winterk, but I did, and I liked it.
    I really enjoyed it.

Now my problem is, there's half a box still left and I'm thinking about tea again and it's about Barrys tea. Not Lyons. I feel so dirty, pure infidelity I'm having an identity crisis.. help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your doomed. Its too late!

The fires of Hell are being stoked up for you! :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That's dapressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

I feel like such a dirty whore, like I just slept with half the town in one whole day.

For years and years we drank Lyons tea, and then one day these lads who were working in our house had the audacity to decide to bring their unholy and disgusting Barry Tea Bags into our residence.A staunch Lyons house I might add, it would have been equivalent to a Catholic lad brininging a Protestant girl to meet his granny. It wouldn't be tolerated. Anyway, it was left in the house, I was really dying for a cuppa, and all we had was that goddamn Barrys and it was late and I was tired. So I agreed to have it, really I must have been bad, and I know I should of just waited and bought Lyons, which I knew to be beautiful but I needed some tea, any tea, and Barrys was there, in my hour of need.

I said to myself, I know I won't like it, it's just one cup of tea, it won't mean anything. But then as I cupped that cup and drank it up, I got a warm, nice feeling inside, and my tastebuds became alive, I was receiving pleasure, drinking Barrys. And I know it's wrong and I know I shouldn't have done it, not after 20 years of Lyons and it being there for me when it mattered, on those cold and dark days in the depths of winterk, but I did, and I liked it.
    I really enjoyed it.

Now my problem is, there's half a box still left and I'm thinking about tea again and it's about Barrys tea. Not Lyons. I feel so dirty, pure infidelity I'm having an identity crisis.. help!

Can't resist 50 shades of Tae here...(prounced Taaaaaay)

OP with a tea-bagging problem.

Yep, its an average day in After Hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

'I hope my boyfriend don't mind it'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Barry's definitely taste a little bit more like tea, and have less of the whole paper and glue taste thing going on than Lyon's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

You sick fsck. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    Can't resist 50 shades of Tae here...(prounced Taaaaaay)

Or 50 shades of Earl Grey... even dirtier than drinking Barrys
    Biggins wrote: »
    Your doomed. Its too late!

The fires of Hell are being stoked up for you! :P

I don't know if Lyons will ever taste the same now though, I mean, now that I've had Barrys. Oh God, I dunno what to do, I feel bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Loose tea and a proper tae pot and screw the rest of that sh1te that oases for tea on the shelves of most shops!

You will never go back!

Was it hot?

The guy who left the tea bags behind that is.

• Advertisement

I don't know if Lyons will ever taste the same now though, I mean, now that I've had Barrys. Oh God, I dunno what to do, I feel bad.
    Run to your local priest and confess. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I'd sooner kiss a boy

am all out of green, this is obscene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Poor Barry, nicking his tea

Was ithot?

I have a name :mad:

And yes, I'm hot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You make me feel a lot better about my massive penchant for cocaine.

Was it hot?

Hot and so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

Leaf tea or my granny would not let you into the house.

Barry's leaf tea is good... Assam/Darjeeling mix is better... 2/1 more Assam in the morning is good.

Taste lots of teas, do the dirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You dirty whore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

All tea tastes the same to me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I really enjoyed it.

Once they legalised sodomy, it was only a matter of time until this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Console yourself with the fact that Barrys is Irish, Lyons is not

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

It could be worse...

...you could have no legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

All tea is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

People like you need to sort yourselves out, and quickly, next thing you know you'll be buying ready made frozen chips instead of peeling and cutting potatoes , then one day a few years from now when your parked in a sleazy street picking up whores you'll be asking where did it all go wrong.....

Where did it all go wrong .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You could officially become the town bicycle, if you swallowed some Bewley's before midnight.

I'd love a cup of earl grey now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

All tea is disgusting.

Reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Only Corkonians drink Barrys

You have to separate barrys tea bags. Effort. Lyons come in little individual pyramids :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Welcome to the Dark Side.

We have choccy biccies....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I really enjoyed it.

Barry's is Irish.

Lyons isn't.

Drink Barry's.

It's a better tea anyway.

/thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd love a cup of earl grey now

tasteless philistine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I bought a box of teabags in Aldi the other day. I get them out for visitors I don't like, reserve the Lyons for myself

phasers wrote: »
    I bought a box of teabags in Aldi the other day. I get them out for visitors I don't like, reserve the Lyons for myself

Evil!

I like to show off to visitors, break out the gold reserve, or the 12 year old special tea bags :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

All tea is disgusting.

You cannot say that and say your Irish! Tea is like a religion! I'm a Barrys gold blend fella myself, and by god I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

One word... bewleys... Just putting it out there. You'll never drink anything else again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I know people say you should try new things , but this is taking it a step too far..

what was it my uncle used to say never change.

Tea bags and underpants,

not sure what the second one was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I'm drinking a cup of tea now in celebration of this thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Barrys is the real deal. Ask Anne!

It's an age thing.Let's see who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I ran out of Barry's on Sunday and had to buy some Lyons in the local newsagent to get my fix of tae. I also feel degraded and dirty after the experience. I'm drinking some right now :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

One word... bewleys... Just putting it out there. You'll never drink anything else again

My non-tea drinking mother (I don't know how we're even related) brought this Bewley's crap into the house before. It was so rank Daddy nearly divorced her

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Urkh. Robert Roberts...

Milk in tea is like water in whiskey

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Only Corkonians drink Barrys

Oh God really?
    kowloon wrote: »
    I ran out of Barry's on Sunday and had to buy some Lyons in the local newsagent to get my fix of tae. I also feel degraded and dirty after the experience. I'm drinking some right now :(.

It's one or the other. It's like a civil war thing. Someone just said Bewleys, don't tempt me. Maybe after being with Lyons for so long, I just need to try new tea. Maybe it's for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wait till you try Punjana and some cake.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

gara wrote: »
    My non-tea drinking mother (I don't know how we're even related) brought this Bewley's crap into the house before. It was so rank Daddy nearly divorced her

Is she one of them foreign Mammies?

I have never heard of an Irish Mammy that didn't like a sup a tae......

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Seeing as its confessin' time.....
    I love tea,
    Darjeeling, black, in a china cup.
    Or
    Lyons Gold Blend (loose leaf), hot with milk.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But,
    recession and unemployment cut my grocery budget dramatically.
    Got turned on to Super valu Gold(ish) label €1.49 for 80
    Got to like it. Got to love it.
    Today had literally a euro (€) left and needed tea.
    Daily Basics Tay bagz 79 cents.
    I bought them.
    They are now sitting there looking back at me,
    unopened, pristine,
    eighty virgin cuppas calling to me.
    Should I dare?
    Dare I?

craving growing...
    Maybe just one....

with a chocolate digestive,
    to make it seem less sleazy.
    (or more sleazy!)
    what do I do?
    What the hell do I do???

Oh BTW in response to the earlier poster who mentioned Aldi Tea, my friend owns a high class Restaurant and has a very select clientelle. They are very happy to pay through the nose for Aldi tea/coffee as long as its in a nice pot.
    But I digress,

OP - you self proclaimed dirty whore. (try saying that without a little smile)

Drink your tea, be proud of your tea,
    and remember,
    no one ever went to their grave ever regretting having a second cup of tea, even Barry's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Is she one of them foreign Mammies?
    I have never heard of an Irish Mammy that didn't like a sup a tae......

Not foreign but her Granny was Protestant, seems the most likely explanation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's one or the other. It's like a civil war thing. Someone just said Bewleys, don't tempt me. Maybe after being with Lyons for so long, I just need to try new tea. Maybe it's for the best.

Don't be drawing comparisons with some little dispute nobody's even heard of, tae is serious business. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Wait till you get a load of McGrath's gold blend in Aldi ya dirty slut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

RADIUS wrote: »
    Wait till you get a load of McGrath's gold blend in Aldi ya dirty slut.

At least these are all "Irish" brands... so it's kind of excusable.
    We've got Typhoo and Tetleys at home. And lads, seriously, they beat everything else hands down. I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement