Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just drank a cup of Barrys and I liked it

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

shouldnt this thread be re-directed to personal issues forum??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

M&S Gold Blend is light years better than Barrys or Lyons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Confab wrote: »
    M&S Gold Blend is light years better than Barrys or Lyons.
    Switch to coffee, it's light years ahead of tea in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

smash wrote: »

Iconoclast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Much the same thing happened to me OP. Was always a Lyons Tea drinker but on Wednesday evening, I ran out of it and so went to the shop. All they had left was Barrys !!!

So there and then I made the most important decision of my life. BAM!! An hour later I had drank a bottle of Jack Daniels after saying "Fúck Tea" but yet the irony of it all was I later was found naked in the back garden singing "I'm a little teapot".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was brought up in a lyons house, but I tend to buy barrys. Of course Twinings Assam is the real daddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Barry's ftw. Lyons tastes what I would imagine a months worn pair of socks wrung out into a cup would be like. Foul shït.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Shenshen wrote: »
    At least these are all "Irish" brands... so it's kind of excusable.
    We've got Typhoo and Tetleys at home. And lads, seriously, they beat everything else hands down. I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

À chacun son goût

I have tried Tetley's, and it's nice but more orientated towards the English (perhaps British) palate, so it's lighter in taste than Irish teas/blends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Vita nova wrote: »
    À chacun son goût

I have tried Tetley's, and it's nice but more orientated towards the English (perhaps British) palate, so it's lighter in taste than Irish teas/blends.

I would say it's got more flavour, but less bitterness.
    I find most of the Irish teas to be too much on the bitter side, and not enough actual taste to them.
    But as you said, to each their own. Good thing to have the choice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Have Barrys at the moment, tbh I only drink on average about one cup of tea a week and about 5 cups of coffee a year.....not a massive fan of either but it depends what I'm eating.

Will be going home to the family home tomorrow and throughout the weekend I'll prob end up having 4 or 5 cups of tea for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 conorc94

Once you go Barry's you never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Tea is for simpletons. Coffee is where its at tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

smash wrote: »

Be off to 'mericah with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Satts wrote: »
    Tea is for simpletons. Coffee is where its at tbh.

I disagree, I drink both, and enjoy both equally.

I like tea when I come home from work, it's relaxing. When in work I prefer coffee, it seems to stay warm longer than tea and it's a nice pick me up.

But coffee makes me very gassy, so I drink tea more....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EclipsiumRasa

Are Barrys and Lyons teabags the same shape?

Wonder if I switched the contents of the box in my kitchen would anyone even notice... :pac:

Are Barrys and Lyons teabags the same shape?
    Wonder if I switched the contents of the box in my kitchen would anyone even notice... :pac:
    You have to separate barrys tea bags. Effort. Lyons come in little individual pyramids :D

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

All teabags are simply dust, a paper bag and glue.

Proper tea every time. Heat the teapot, and put the tea in for a couple of minutes to expand while the kettle comes to the boil. Just before it boils, take it off and pour the water in from around 30cm above so it bruises the tea as it pours into the pot. Let it draw for four minutes. Pour, add the additives of your choice (milk, Black Bush, lemon...) and drink. Ahhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

All teabags are simply dust, a paper bag and glue.

Proper tea every time. Heat the teapot, and put the tea in for a couple of minutes to expand while the kettle comes to the boil. Just before it boils, take it off and pour the water in from around 30cm above so it bruises the tea as it pours into the pot. Let it draw for four minutes. Pour, add the additives of your choice (milk, Black Bush, lemon...) and drink. Ahhhhh

Yawn!

Boil kettle, pour hot water into a cup with a teabag and sugar, mix the bag furiously and then give it a squash against the side of the cup. Add milk.

Your done in 60 seconds and no ones ever complained about my tae.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

RADIUS wrote: »
    Yawn!

Boil kettle, pour hot water into a cup with a teabag and sugar, mix the bag furiously and then give it a squash against the side of the cup. Add milk.

Wouldn't dare, with yiz yawning at me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

RADIUS wrote: »
    Yawn!

Putting the sugar in with the teabag is just insane, I was 21 years old and a veteran tea drinker before I'd ever seen anyone do that. Its madness.

Advertisement