Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to find phone number of a property owner

• 19-09-2012 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hi I am owed money by an ex tenant of a rental property and only proof that money was given is the ex tenants landlord who I paid the money to but lost all his details and of course my so called friend has denied all so wondering what would be a good way of getting the landlords home address or phone number.

Any help would be very much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

1 - Make up a false soppy story of how you are in love with the person you are trying to track down.

2 - Call a crappy radio show.

3 - Wait for it to go viral.

4 - Success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Find someone who owns a copy of Thoms directory

http://www.thoms.ie/content/index.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Il Trap wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

1210m5g wrote: »
    1 - Make up a false soppy story of how you are in love with the person you are trying to track down.

2 - Call a crappy radio show.

3 - Wait for it to go viral.

4 - Success

Sounds good but not into guys :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Hi I am owed money by an ex tenant of a rental property and only proof that money was given is the ex tenants landlord who I paid the money to but lost all his details and of course my so called friend has denied all so wondering what would be a good way of getting the landlords home address or phone number.

Any help would be very much appreciated..
    Sorry, you gave who what and they did wha?? I believe you to be a raging stalker looking to track down an innocent. I can offer no assistance as a result(thinly veiled "how the feck would I know?? I don't even understand what's happened" reply)

Pottler wrote: »
    Sorry, you gave who what and they did wha?? I believe you to be a raging stalker looking to track down an innocent. I can offer no assistance as a result(thinly veiled "how the feck would I know?? I don't even understand what's happened" reply)

Back a few years ago my so called friend was in money trouble and I reluctantly lent a large sum.
    Most of this I paid into his landlords bank account at the time but I have lost all his details

Back a few years ago my so called friend was in money trouble and I reluctantly lent a large sum.
    Most of this I paid into his landlords bank account at the time but I have lost all his details

get your bank to tell you the details of where the funds were sent to. Look at your old statements to work out the date.

Then send a letter to that bank and ask them to pass on the message to the landlord.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Find someone who owns a copy of Thoms directory

http://www.thoms.ie/content/index.asp

Good suggestion thanks.

Anyone Know someone with one ?

Good suggestion thanks.

solicitors office, accountants practice, some banks would have them

• Advertisement

get your bank to tell you the details of where the funds were sent to. Look at your old statements to work out the date.

Then send a letter to that bank and ask them to pass on the message to the landlord.

From what I can remember I paid in cash.
    It would be a great help if could ask the landlord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

solicitors office, accountants practice, some banks would have them

Maybe local council too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ouch, that is bad form. I cannot think of a way for you to find him.
    As much as it sucks to admit, it would appear your ex friend has gotten away with it.

Hope you didn't lose too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Good suggestion thanks.

Their offices are in clanwilliam terrace lwr grand canal st D.2 if thats any use to ya

Ouch, that is bad form. I cannot think of a way for you to find him.
    As much as it sucks to admit, it would appear your ex friend has gotten away with it.

Hope you didn't lose too much.

I have the address of the rental property.
    Also Know where the ex friend lives and have court proceedings in motion just need as much to back me up as possible I know I was stupid but honestly fell for the sh*te he came up with about no money and going to be evicted and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

:rolleyes:
    Wasn't in reference to your post, sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I have the address of the rental property.
    Also Know where the ex friend lives and have court proceedings in motion just need as much to back me up as possible I know I was stupid but honestly fell for the sh*te he came up with about no money and going to be evicted and so on.

How much is 'a largish sum of money'? Unless you have it in writing that he borrowed the money it might be difficult.

Confab wrote: »
    How much is 'a largish sum of money'? Unless you have it in writing that he borrowed the money it might be difficult.

Talking about €4500.

Have letters and text messages and on none of them did he deny also have a threath text message and few other things dont want to give too much away you never kn ow whos eyes would see.

Verbal agreement and was promised I would be paid after couple of months few years on now and not dropping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Talking about €4500.

Have letters and text messages and on none of them did he deny also have a threath text message and few other things dont want to give too much away you never kn ow whos eyes would see.

Verbal agreement and was promised I would be paid after couple of months few years on now and not dropping it.

As Judge Judy would say, get over it mister Miller, he left you and you had your fun.

As Judge Judy would say, get over it mister Miller, she left you and you had your fun.

Not a girl was ment to be a friend was looking for useful tips thanks though

• Advertisement

Talking about €4500.

Now now, you definitly said "large" earlier. Another "get the feck over it it's gone mate" thread. Sorry for your loss, etc etc. Large. Feck sake.

Not a girl was ment to be a friend was looking for useful tips thanks though

OK but why let it go on so long, why did you decide you need to take some form of action now or want to,

the longer you leave it the more difficult it is to get you money.

OK but why let it go on so long, why did you decide you need to take some form of action now or want to,

the longer you leave it the more difficult it is to get you money.

Well as one story lead to another eventually went to far.
    I was still friends up untill just over a year ago and was been lead on with new stories as to when I would get back what was owed to me.
    I went straight to a solicitor for advice and case has been ongoing since waiting for a court date.

I was put down as the bad person to even ask how his case was going over a claim he was waiting on and got paid out a 5 figure some not small by the way.

Then started using a family member been sick and how I was a cu*t even to ask and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Ring me, I'll give you his number.

squod wrote: »
    Ring me, I'll give you his number.

Funny was only looking for a few tips.

Maybe its happened to more then just me I only started this to get help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I gave money once to a guy who used to rent a house by a friend who owed money to an ex-boyfriend of a mate's brother in law. When the time came for eviction, it was Tuesday and no-one knew how to contact his parents.

Does anyone know if I could find out where they live now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Awful thing to happen to you. Some friend:rolleyes:

Sadly I can't see how finding the Landlord will help. The landlord will probably just be happy to be rid of your friend and glad he got his money. Even if he has a copy of the lodgement docket with the payment you made - which is unlikely, what do you hope he will do for you? Speak for you in a court case - give you an affidavit saying you paid him the money? He may not want to cooperate because of Tax issues etc.

Do you know your (former) friends family members/parents? Maybe approaching them would be an option. If they believe you they might help. Or if you have a friend who is a Garda or a Solicitor they might be willing to help you up the ante a bit in an unofficial capacity.

Now now, you definitly said "large" earlier. Another "get the feck over it it's gone mate" thread. Sorry for your loss, etc etc. Large. Feck sake.

So would you class four and half thousand euro small because it was all my savings that I had worked hard for he done nothing only cry and I was stupid enough I hold my hands up and agree but still doesnt mean he should get to keep my money...

Funny was only looking for a few tips.

Maybe its happened to more then just me I only started this to get help.
    Here's some help -let it go and move on. Best advice you're gonna get. Really let it go though, it's no biggie and not worth "the bitters" over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I gave money once to a guy who used to rent a house by a friend who owed money to an ex-boyfriend of a mate's brother in law. When the time came for eviction, it was Tuesday and no-one knew how to contact his parents.

Does anyone know if I could find out where they live now?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Um? . . . . . . .

*Backs away slowly*

Well as one story lead to another eventually went to far.
    I was still friends up untill just over a year ago and was been lead on with new stories as to when I would get back what was owed to me.
    I went straight to a solicitor for advice and case has been ongoing since waiting for a court date.

I was put down as the bad person to even ask how his case was going over a claim he was waiting on and got paid out a 5 figure some not small by the way.

Then started using a family member been sick and how I was a cu*t even to ask and so on

Probably time to let it go, for you it is not worth the stress, while I would be well pissssed off like you, or just take him to small claims court (for a fiver I think)

still not guaranteed to get your money even if the judgment goes in you favor,

just let it go, the hassle at this stage is only grinding you down.

wow sierra wrote: »
    Awful thing to happen to you. Some friend:rolleyes:

Sadly I can't see how finding the Landlord will help. The landlord will probably just be happy to be rid of your friend and glad he got his money. Even if he has a copy of the lodgement docket with the payment you made - which is unlikely, what do you hope he will do for you? Speak for you in a court case - give you an affidavit saying you paid him the money? He may not want to cooperate because of Tax issues etc.

Do you know your (former) friends family members/parents? Maybe approaching them would be an option. If they believe you they might help. Or if you have a friend who is a Garda or a Solicitor they might be willing to help you up the ante a bit in an unofficial capacity.

Thanks.

Not looking for the landlord to do any of that all I would like is to show I paid money into his account.

I still see this person every day and he has threatened me at work and on the phone went to cops and werent interested.

I have a lot pyling up against him and letters sent by him and texts and he also phoned my dad so he is involved now too.

He is from somewhere else and family live else where no way of contact so no help they would be anyway.

Just thought someone on here may have had something similar happen or have a few tips as to get info.

Probably time to let it go, for you it is not worth the stress, while I would be well pissssed off like you, or just take him to small claims court (for a fiver I think)

still not guaranteed to get your money even if the judgment goes in you favor,

just let it go, the hassle at this stage is only grinding you down.

Sorry I come accross like that just to me that is a hell of a lot of money and I couldnt let any of that go especially how he has tried spreading false things around and threatning me and so on.

I have a solicitor who my dad knows years and even said to me at the start he has shot himself in the foot with all the letters, texts and calls and problems at work and that.

Just want to have the record to prove for definite I Paid a large amount accross will be better for me in front of the judge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I cant believe people are saying let it go.

No ****ing way id let 4.5k go. If i wasnt gona get the money at the very least id give the guy a beating, in private with no witnesses of course.:D

So, years of stress, crap, grief and aggro for €4.5k?? If you forget it and move on, the auld worlds funny, usually the same or more comes back. Not in any way worth it, forget it and move on. Place the weasel on your "ignore and forget" list. Life's too short.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Not looking for the landlord to do any of that all I would like is to show I paid money into his account.

I still see this person every day and he has threatened me at work and on the phone went to cops and werent interested.

I have a lot pyling up against him and letters sent by him and texts and he also phoned my dad so he is involved now too.

He is from somewhere else and family live else where no way of contact so no help they would be anyway.

Just thought someone on here may have had something similar happen or have a few tips as to get info.

It depends on what or how far you want to go, if you found out where he is would you go up to him and bust his head open with a hammer or just ask him to pay you the money he owes you,

you have been trying to get the money for some time now so I am guessing your a decent person, its time to get tough on your part, or walk away with a learning lesson.

I cant believe people are saying let it go.

No ****ing way id let 4.5k go. If i wasnt gona get the money at the very least id give the guy a beating, in private with no witnesses of course.:D

So for you it would not of gone beyond, lets say 6 mts max, you approached the problem and got some type of justice, money or blood,

so the 4yr term would not apply to you.

It depends on what or how far you want to go, if you found out where he is would you go up to him and bust his head open with a hammer or just ask him to pay you the money he owes you,

you have been trying to get the money for some time now so I am guessing your a decent person, its time to get tough on your part, or walk away with a learning lesson.

No Im looking for the number of his landlord where he use to live not looking to crack any skulls:)

They moved out cause got onto housing and this has nothing to do with the money as someone in the family been ill has nothing to with the money or any other issues this guy came up with I waited 3 years and he started on me I didnt threaten him with anything

Just really dont understand some people Ive had hard times going through one now and wasnt in great shape money wise when I helped him but yes I was soft I would definitley say it has opened my eyes and made me into a better person.

I look after my family, me and wont have a reason ever again to give out money like that I have learnt my lesson sorry if it seemed to some I was having a rant I dont let things get me down or stress I would be well gone before now if I did:)

No Im looking for the number of his landlord where he use to live not looking to crack any skulls:)

They moved out cause got onto housing and this has nothing to do with the money as someone in the family been ill has nothing to with the money or any other issues this guy came up with I waited 3 years and he started on me I didnt threaten him with anything

Well I wish you all the best Mr Miller, try the legal discussion forum, those guys have brains in there bellies.

• Advertisement

Just really dont understand some people Ive had hard times going through one now and wasnt in great shape money wise when I helped him but yes I was soft I would definitley say it has opened my eyes and made me into a better person.

I look after my family, me and wont have a reason ever again to give out money like that I have learnt my lesson sorry if it seemed to some I was having a rant I dont let things get me down or stress I would be well gone before now if I did:)
    I'm not being smug, arrogant or flippant, but the best advice is to move on. Here's some crap advice; spend the next two years getting judgements, going to and fro court, having missed payments, more stress, more crap, getting disilusioned by the courts, losing the head and beating him to a pulp and finally the courts do somthing - to you.
    Words of experience: Let it go, forget it and move on. It's buttons, really, it is.

Well I wish you all the best Mr Miller, try the legal discussion forum, those guys have brains in there bellies.

Thank You.

How would I go about asking there would I start again or is there a way of linking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm not being smug, arrogant or flippant, but the best advice is to move on. Here's some crap advice; spend the next two years getting judgements, going to and fro court, having missed payments, more stress, more crap, getting disilusioned by the courts, losing the head and beating him to a pulp and finally the courts do somthing - to you.
    Words of experience: Let it go, forget it and move on. It's buttons, really, it is.
    ^^^^ Best advice you're going to get OP. Some things are worth worrying about, most things aren't.

Thank You.

How would I go about asking there would I start again or is there a way of linking ?

Ask the mods on this forum to move it, if they deem it is worth moving they will, but you need to request it,

I hope you get better advice there, it might cut more to the bone for you but it will be honest,

upper lip Mr Miller, life still goes on.

So would you class four and half thousand euro small because it was all my savings that I had worked hard for he done nothing only cry and I was stupid enough I hold my hands up and agree but still doesnt mean he should get to keep my money...
    You were dumb and bad to yourself then for giving it to him. You are being dumb and bad to yourself now carrying it on for so long. Stop being dumb and bad to yourself. Learn a lesson, let it go and be good to yourself - concentrate on somthing positive, somthing else, and file that one under "sh1t that happened and won't happen again". If I told you I lost 25k last week helping a "friend", would it make you feel better? I care less, it's money, it comes and it goes. If you accept that, lots more usually comes. I will lose not a seconds worry over it as I know it will come back in some other direction. Other people seem to get more het up about it than me, but whatever, like I said, lifes short. Move on and up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

From what I can remember I paid in cash.
    It would be a great help if could ask the landlord.

From what you can remember you shelled out 4,500?

You can't for sure remember having 4,500 in cash to help someone out?

Arse.

humberklog wrote: »

Arse.
    You or him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You or him?

The story.

Arse.

Dont dis the poster, you should know better.

The story.
    Maybe you're right, worst case scenario it's bull. Maybe someone else reading it is in the same/similar positon though and it helps a bit??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement