Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash For Gold Shops

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

robtri wrote: »
    Lol, taking a picture wont stop them

They dont give a fcuk.... As u said junkies are thick, they wouldnt care..

And as said eben if these shops were closed down it wont stop any crime

The problem is not the shops

You are deluded to think any measures put into these shops would stop any burglaries etc.....

Kind of contradicting yourself there.

Junkies are indeed thick. They will pawn stolen gear and get caught if they have to be identified. Just like the States where they have to prove who they are when pawning anything. Junkies are constantly caught trying to sell stolen gear their.

Burglars caught and taken off the streets will reduce burglaries.

Root problem is not the shops but its a link in the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anything without a traceable serial number should require ID to be copied and stored with pictures of the item. This would obviously exclude the likes of mobile phones (IMEI), bicycles, tablets, laptops, pc's, etc.

Jewellery should, legally, require photographic ID (Garda or Passport) and pictures to be taken and stored, and the jewellery should not be sold for at least 2 weeks. But this country is so backwards that will never come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

What percentage of the scrap price of the gold does cashforgold keep? As in what percentage is given to the customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

scientist wrote: »
    What percentage of the scrap price of the gold does cashforgold keep? As in what percentage is given to the customer?

A quick google has shown me that people who sent in Jewellery (14ct Gold and 1ct Diamond) which cost ~$3000 were offered $15 for the gold and $100 for the diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

A quick google has shown me that people who sent in Jewellery (14ct Gold and 1ct Diamond) which cost ~$3000 were offered $15 for the gold and $100 for the diamond.

Junkie Burglar has no clue its worth that much so might aswell only offer them that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I sold a really solid thick gold chain and bracelet that was given to me years ago , I was young at the time and really didn't know how much value it was.

I ended up taking about 400 odd quid for both as far as I can remember from cash for gold. I can't remember how what ct the gold was, but I dread to think what it was really worth if I got that much , I was obviously stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I sold a really solid thick gold chain and bracelet that was given to me years ago , I was young at the time and really didn't know how much value it was.

I ended up taking about 400 odd quid for both as far as I can remember from cash for gold. I can't remember how what ct the gold was, but I dread to think what it was really worth if I got that much , I was obviously stung.

You think?
    You can't remember how heavy it was, what carat it was, or where you sold it, but you're sure you were stung.......
    You posted in the middle of the night, maybe you should look at your lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

wellboytoo wrote: »
    You think?
    You can't remember how heavy it was, what carat it was, or where you sold it, but you're sure you were stung.......
    You posted in the middle of the night, maybe you should look at your lifestyle?

Maybe you should look at you're face in the mirror, you son of a gun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Solution is simple: cheques for gold.

Advertisement