Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding gear while fishing.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

Went for a rock hopping session awhile ago and when I got to my usual car parking spot there was a beach caster and reel left lying up against a fence. I left it where it was but will drop by again in the morning and if its still there bring it home and put up a notice on the local community facebook page.

Got me thinking tho about how much stuff I've found while fishing.

Over the last few seasons, I've found....

A full fly box

Several pairs of sun glasses

Numerous spools of leader, snips and knives

Several landing nets

Pair of decent stocking foot waders

but the more unusual were...

A full box of drill bits in the shallows of a lake

An extendable coarse landing net on the hard shoulder of a dual carriageway. I just happened to stop there to use the phone.

Well boardies, do ye find much?! Or lose much :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A gillnet... it made a lovely bonfire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

caught Rod and reel off a boat in 100ish feet of water.

found knives, lures, pliers', unopened bait, clothes..

oddest was a rifle. unnerving thing to find!

you should leave a note in real life too, if you take it. not everyone is on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

mawk wrote: »

you should leave a note in real life too, if you take it. not everyone is on facebook

Yeah, you're right. A note as well would be an idea.

What did you do with the rifle? I'd say a fair few of them went into the sea with the new licencing structure for firearms not long back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

mawk wrote: »
    caught Rod and reel off a boat in 100ish feet of water.

found knives, lures, pliers', unopened bait, clothes..

Jesus this happened me too when I was a nipper, caught from a park pond

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Lost my good flybox last year, full of flies, loads I'd tied myself and I had it for years. I took it like a family bereavement tbh:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Found a shimano reel and rod on the dodder
    Found a tackle box with wallet in it years ago and returned it
    Knives spools and smokes
    Derevara I found a keep net full of tench bream and pile tho the pike were dead I released them only to find out that the fisheries board were catching them in nets to get a count of the tench and bream in the lake

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

I found an iphone 4 on top of which sat 20 fags, a lighter and a small disgorger, so i rang the contact called "babe" and of course it was the guys girlfriend, she told me the boyfriend was on a fishing trip to Ireland and at the minute he was on a flight home to Liverpool, She went on to say that he had searched for the phone along the river bank for a few hours the previous day before giving up. She give me the lads address and i sent phone, fegs, lighter and disgorger over to him. Turned out the lad was a rep for Daiwa and 2 weeks later a Team Daiwa Match Reel landed through my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FatMickey

marty2002 wrote: »
    Turned out the lad was a rep for Daiwa and 2 weeks later a Team Daiwa Match Reel landed through my door.

Good things happen to good people :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Found a USMC combat knife from WW2 in the sand at the mouth of the Boyne in 1997, was in good condition and still have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Pic? :D

Ha, maybe in 2 years when I'am back home in Ireland for my holidays :D!

Its hopefully still in my mothers, unless the younger bro fancied it. Was in great condition when I found it. I was 11 at the time, thought I was rambo with it!

Advertisement