Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which wireless frequency

Options
  • 19-09-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Which is best for wireless contacts/sensors 315 or 433Mhz . Which frequency would be less prone to interference and carry further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

haymur wrote: »
    Which is best for wireless contacts/sensors 315 or 433Mhz . Which frequency would be less prone to interference and carry further.

They are old frequency's. The 433 is over used with devices like door bells , remotes and so on. They are a lot of instances where they have being interfered with. The 868 frequency is what you should be looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Thanks had a feeling about 433 but din't know about 315. 315 rings a bell with me that it was used about 20 years ago for gates/garage doors.I have a wired system and wanted to extend it with a wireless system with a dialler as I don't have it monitored and cant afford to in the future. Just looking for a cheap fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

haymur wrote: »
    Thanks had a feeling about 433 but din't know about 315. 315 rings a bell with me that it was used about 20 years ago for gates/garage doors.I have a wired system and wanted to extend it with a wireless system with a dialler as I don't have it monitored and cant afford to in the future. Just looking for a cheap fix.

An upgrade to a hybrid system would sort that. Here is a look at two on the market. Both are easy to self install and can be self monitored using a dialler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If your going wireless I'd recommend using Two - way wireless devices :-)

Advertisement