Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'd leave it at hard, at least until i'm more familiar with the game. Seems like the right balance, though i've not really run into any bosses yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

GerB40 wrote: »
    I was pretty much obsessed with Skyrim until my PS3 decided to be a massive pick and give up the ghost..

I'm really excited about Dragon Age 3 and it looks like my dream game.. Can't ****ing wait :)

Is it possible to play as a stealthy sneak thief/assassin? That was my favourite part of Skyrim.

There are two types of Rogue class that you pick from at the very beginning when making your character: Rogue Dual Wield and Rogue Archer. I went with my trusty Warrior 1H + Shield, so I don't know if you can play Rogue as you would like to, but then again I don't see why you can't. There maybe skills you can acquire that will allow you to do this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Xenji wrote: »
    In Skyrim it was far to easy to become overpowered, be it your stats or gear, the game became very boring after a certain point as it was no challenge regardless of the difficulty setting.

I agree with you there, at a certain point I was basically invincible. I tried making it a bit harder by attacking dragons with axes and useless shyte like that, just got 'slightly' boring in thst respect.

But if DA3 has half the vastness and/or storyline of Skyrim then I know it'll be a good one.. I'm honestly like a kid at Christmas, far too excited for a 28 year old to be :). I played an hour or two of Battlefield 4's new DLC last night and, although it seems good from what I saw I have a feeling battlefield will be gathering dust once I get Dragon Age..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Falthyron wrote: »
    There are two types of Rogue class that you pick from at the very beginning when making your character: Rogue Dual Wield and Rogue Archer. I went with my trusty Warrior 1H + Shield, so I don't know if you can play Rogue as you would like to, but then again I don't see why you can't. There maybe skills you can acquire that will allow you to do this. :)
    You can still play as an Archer and Duel Wield as a Rogue, that choice just affects your starting weapon and preset skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Is there a way to see what class you were in DA and DA2? I can't remember for the life of me.

• Advertisement

Is there a way to see what class you were in DA and DA2? I can't remember for the life of me.

The Keep will tell you the first time you log in, if its working correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I will go full tank as I have in all DA games I think.
    In DA: Awakenings that build became unhurtable about halfway through the game, which was silly.
    In Skyrim my slealth character was a lot of fun until he became invincible too. I just stopped playing shortly after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Rogue does have stealth skills, though i've not put many points into them yet. The 4 skill tress are (basically) - melee, archery, stealth and sabotage (traps and the likes). So far have a cool dash type move which puts me behind the target and a backstab. Plus poison weapons.

Really enjoying the combat, and your characters feels quite heavy (in a good way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Having some trouble on PC, it's the Main Menu screen that is eating up about 80% of memory. It plays fine on Ultra settings, but that memory leak is a worry. I hope to God it's not that new DRM they have, I've heard some bad things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anybody had their Amazon purchase dispatched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

blaa85 wrote: »
    Did anyone go for the Inquisitors Edition? I had it prebooked and mostly paid off through game trade-ins over the last few months. Cancelled it earlier after seeing some unboxing pictures and descriptions. Seems very poor quality for 169.99.

Ended up going for Deluxe version instead, probably pick up Far Cry 4 as well.

I have it ordered. Going to pick it up tomorrow but I'm dreading it having seen some of the reports. Whoever was responsible for the packaging really messed it up. Sounds like an awful lot of them are broken or missing pieces. I'll probably be opening it up in the shop and checking it out before leaving. Most of the big sellers seem to be aware of the problem so refunds shouldn't be a problem but i imagine quite a lot of collector's are going to be disappointed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

58.99 in Argos. 53 if you have one of those lovely 5 euro vouchers for buying another game from them recently.

Mine dispatched yesterday around half 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine dispatched yesterday around 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Literally played a half hour on the PC so far, 20 minutes of which was making my character, before I had to swiftly leave for work this morning, and already I love it. I can tell it's going to be special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Just grabbed a copy for the PS4 in Ashbourne Argos on my lunch or €53.99 with the €5 off voucher.
    Looking forward to playing it after i get home from work.

Ended up cancelling my Inquisitors Edition and getting some xlb credit to get the digital deluxe. Very disappointed, when paying that much for something you expect it to be of a resonable condition and quality. Seems about 25% of Gamestops stock is unsellable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Seems about 25% of Gamestops stock is unsellable.

You mistake was shopping in gamestop.

Amazon seems to be having stock issues according to a customer rep, they hope to have mine sent out in the next 48 hours which is a pain as I preordered it when it was first announced, so went down to Argos and picked up a copy there for €53.99, gonna sell the other copy to a friend.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    You mistake was shopping in gamestop.

No, it wasn't. Gamestop are the only store that has the Inquisitors edition. Unfortunately if you want a ce here most of the time its Gamestop or nothing. Wouldn't go near them for their over priced crap otherwise.

No, it wasn't. Gamestop are the only store that has the Inquisitors edition. Unfortunately if you want a ce here most of the time its Gamestop or nothing. Wouldn't go near them for their over priced crap otherwise.

You should always have a look at Amazon.de, they usually stock most collector editions of games.

Anyone had a delivery from Amazon yet? Despite dispatch over 26 hours ago, it's not arrived at Parcel Motel yet (according to their website).

You should always have a look at Amazon.de, they usually stock most collector editions of games.

I have gotten CE's from Amazon.de before, Gamestop had the Inquisitors Edition as an exclusive Europe wide though, so it wasn't any help here. Destiny Ghost edition was €150 on amazon compared to €210 in Gamestop which is a crazy price difference.

They don't do themselves any favours when they sell above rrp either like the Vita memory card bundles or Smash Bros 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon seems to be having stock issues according to a customer rep, they hope to have mine sent out in the next 48 hours which is a pain as I preordered it when it was first announced, so went down to Argos and picked up a copy there for €53.99, gonna sell the other copy to a friend.

That's mad. I pre-ordered with them on Monday and it shipped yesterday morning. It's a christmas present to myself and won't be opening it till I finish work on the 17th of next month and not back till the 5th of Jan, lots of time to plow into this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ended up cancelling my Inquisitors Edition and getting some xlb credit to get the digital deluxe. Very disappointed, when paying that much for something you expect it to be of a resonable condition and quality. Seems about 25% of Gamestops stock is unsellable.

What was wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ah thats a pain, hate that exclusive nonsense.

What was wrong with it?

The quality of the items is meant to be very cheap and a lot of the items are broken upon opening.

This is how a lot of them look when opened.

IMG_1540-500x731.jpg

And this is how it should look.

IMG_1541-500x491.jpg

IMG_1542-500x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is this more hack and slash like (fable,skyrym) or turned based like previous bio ware titles like KOTOR and Jade Empire ?

• Advertisement

That's bad form

Advertisement