Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Isn't Skyhold your base in Haven?

I think its a second base you get after Haven, which we can customise and build in a way.. don't know much else at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Is anyone else having trouble with inconsistencies with the Keep? My Keep is 110% configured into the game now, however Fenris and Carver (both dead) are still referred to being alive. The major events are all correct, but little things like these don't seem to have carried properly. It is possible that certain references are scripted, of the Keep doesn't actually care about those details, but then why ask about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GodlessM wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with inconsistencies with the Keep? My Keep is 110% configured into the game now, however Fenris and Carver (both dead) are still referred to being alive. The major events are all correct, but little things like these don't seem to have carried properly. It is possible that certain references are scripted, of the Keep doesn't actually care about those details, but then why ask about them?

The Keep has not gone alpha yet, any player should not really use it till it has as it is causing crashes for PC gamers later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does anyone know when we get the weapons from that keep quest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God this game is huge, would have been happy enough if the whole thing was set in the Hinterlands,

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    The Keep has not gone alpha yet, any player should not really use it till it has as it is causing crashes for PC gamers later in the game.

That's why I play on PS4 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Is there anywhere that u can store equipment

Nope. Closest thing would be equipping it to dud characters that you never bring with you.

Found my first odd glitch in the game, not sure how the goat got up there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Maybe it's not a glitch, goats are notoriously good climbers...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How are you liking it xenji?

How are you liking it xenji?

Thoroughly enjoying it so far and honestly have no real complaints about it, its fun even when you are just wandering about and discovering old ruins or caves as the game is massive, but easy to navigate.

And difficulty wise how are you finding it?

And difficulty wise how are you finding it?

You will die very easily and quickly if you go in gung ho, you need to be calculating and exploit enemies weaknesses, even then it is easy to get overwhelmed and you can also stumble into areas were the enemies are far stronger then your party, I find myself saving every few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I see that cheapest place to get it is argos? 58.99eu. Amazon comes in at about 56eu. I am looking for some sort of time sink on the evenings. I haven't bought a game on ps4 since Second Son...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Dragon Age: Inquisition is what Elder Scrolls Online could have been...

Absolutely fantastic game and I can't wait for a 2nd playthrough as a Mage.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

You will die very easily and quickly if you go in gung ho, you need to be calculating and exploit enemies weaknesses, even then it is easy to get overwhelmed and you can also stumble into areas were the enemies are far stronger then your party, I find myself saving every few minutes.

Totally agree.

I also like how you can try to avoid certain enemies by giving them a wide berth or by letting them attack some other random group.

Great example in the Hinterlands today where I had to pass directly through a walled bandit camp to get to where I wanted to go.

I initially died twice by going in gung ho but then on the third attempt I decided to wait to scope the place out.
    All of a sudden; along comes a big bear sniffing around, all of the bandits rush out of the camp to deal with him and I then just waltz on through the front gate no bother whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I found a Dragon in the Hinterlands at lvl 7 or so.. I got smoked of course but it was very impressive. You feel them coming before you see them. I hope they continue to impossible to beat until the late stages of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm only level 6 now, but there are still some areas of the Hinterlands where I get destroyed. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I thought I would, but it's early days yet. I think that if you could see the level of the enemies, it'd be much easier to know you're not ready for an area.

It's frustrating if you are exploring and forget to save frequently and then you stumble into like a billion templars trying to get to one of the observatories :mad:

Had a little rage-quit last night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Totally agree.

I also like how you can try to avoid certain enemies by giving them a wide berth or by letting them attack some other random group.

Great example in the Hinterlands today where I had to pass directly through a walled bandit camp to get to where I wanted to go.

I initially died twice by going in gung ho but then on the third attempt I decided to wait to scope the place out.
    All of a sudden; along comes a big bear sniffing around, all of the bandits rush out of the camp to deal with him and I then just waltz on through the front gate no bother whatsoever!
    Is that down in the SW of the map? I was fine until another bear showed up from behind (the crowned statue area) with 2 dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm only level 6 now, but there are still some areas of the Hinterlands where I get destroyed. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I thought I would, but it's early days yet. I think that if you could see the level of the enemies, it'd be much easier to know you're not ready for an area.

It's frustrating if you are exploring and forget to save frequently and then you stumble into like a billion templars trying to get to one of the observatories :mad:

Is there no auto save like the elder scrolls or fallout? I haven't played a game in which I had to manually save for a while and I'm guaranteed to forget about saving my progress...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It can be very tough, especially if you go gung ho as Xenji says, but if you plan your fights you can make short of most enemies. You do occasionally run into some tough fights, especially if you're not careful with their levels. Tried to close a rift at lvl7, without realising the enemies were lvl12. Looking forward to going back and hammering them though.

Also, god damn bears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

GerB40 wrote: »
    Is there no auto save like the elder scrolls or fallout? I haven't played a game in which I had to manually save for a while and I'm guaranteed to forget about saving my progress...

There is an auto-save feature that is triggered every time you exit combat, afaik. I finished a skirmish last night and then, for some bizarre reason, I crashed to desktop. When I went back in to the game, the last auto-save was the moment I ended combat at that skirmish.

You can hard save/manual save as well, which I tend to do when preparing to enter a new area and I am unsure if I will make it out alive. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't trust the autosave at all. The last time i used it, it autosaved just before a pack of 4 dogs and a bear attacked me. Had to roll back to the previous quick save, which thankfully wasn't too far back.

Damn my copy didn't arrive today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Stick to the actual main plot stories as much as you can. I plan on doing side-missions only as required to get my level up to the recommended band for the story missions. The absolute worst thing about this game is the MMO-style crapfest that are many of the quests scattered around the world, especially in the Hinterlands. No, I do not want to spent an hour of my life gathering forty poop-thistles or whatever busy work you've come up with today.

Get out of the Hinterlands! It's basically a crap version of Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I thought the opposite of that, those sidequests are incredibly valuable for requisition and power as well as xp, even the shards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh goody, hours of my life in exchange for, not fun or excitement, but imaginary resources in a single-player game.

Wandering around the terrain gathering poop-thistles is not a fun activity for me, I don't care if they're throwing limitless gold, XP and crafting materials at me. I don't want busy work, I want a story.

Fundamental difference of opinion I suppose. There has to be people willing to do that sort of thing, otherwise MMOs wouldn't be successful, but I can't understand it. I'm forced to do enough tedious things in my life already, turning in a basket full of rocks I gathered in exchange for a shiny pop-up announcement, which if done fifty times will result in one or two little perks that do virtually nothing, is not something that should be rewarding to anyone that values their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Was never a fan of the DA series... would I enjoy this one? Is it more polished/better gameplay systems?

Advertisement