Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Agree with you 100% there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One of the best games i've played in years. Absolutely loving it, and it's really Bioware back to it's best.

Dem Dragons :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are ye still having trouble with the bears lol :D?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've decided to get this.... in a few months. In the mean time, I've started on Dragon Age: Origins, any thing that I should look out for?

Do the saves carry all the way through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've decided to get this.... in a few months. In the mean time, I've started on Dragon Age: Origins, any thing that I should look out for?

Do the saves carry all the way through?

They do indeed carry over. I can't really think of any huge things to look out for, just enjoy the game! :)

Oh, and play Dragon Age: Awakenings - it is the expansion for Origins and it is very good. It also introduces a character that is quite important in Dragon Age 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Falthyron wrote: »
    They do indeed carry over. I can't really think of any huge things to look out for, just enjoy the game! :)

Oh, and play Dragon Age: Awakenings - it is the expansion for Origins and it is very good. It also introduces a character that is quite important in Dragon Age 2.

Super. Will play through that next then, and I just bought DA2 to go through as well. Should be done in a few months, just in time for DA:I to drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

About 30 hours in, really enjoying it so far. The next story mission I have is to
    stop the empress being assassinated
    but I think I need another level or two so doing some of the other areas in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can you romance more than one lady?

Hate the game, not the playa'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played this via remote play, just wondering how it translates to the vita

About 30 hours in, really enjoying it so far. The next story mission I have is to
    stop the empress being assassinated
    but I think I need another level or two so doing some of the other areas in the meantime.

Just past it. I did it at 15 and the boss fight was actually the toughest non-dragon fight I have done so far. I recommend returning to your normal gear though before the end, as that might have been my mistake why.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Just past it. I did it at 15 and the boss fight was actually the toughest non-dragon fight I have done so far. I recommend returning to your normal gear though before the end, as that might have been my mistake why.

My... normal gear?

Am I supposed to have different sets of gear? Anyway only level 12 now so definitely going to do a bit of other stuff in between. Still haven't fought a dragon yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My... normal gear?

Am I supposed to have different sets of gear? Anyway only level 12 now so definitely going to do a bit of other stuff in between. Still haven't fought a dragon yet.

Do not go near the dragon in the hinterlands till your at least level 14/15.

My... normal gear?

You will know it when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Killed my 1st dragon yesterday in Crestwood. I was a bit tentative about it as the one i ran into early on in Hinterlands was too strong for me. Had to high tail it out of there

It was a long enough battle, prob went on for 5-10 mins. It was actually easy enough he only really had me in trouble towards the end. Got a nice little loot at the end of it

Really hooked on this game now, its after taking a hold on me like Skyrim did. When i finish this game i dont know what ill do with my time!!

Yeah the Crestwood Dragon was my first also. On 5 now. If you want some handy hunting, I suggest the Emerald Graves. I found the dragon there to be a piece of piss; didn't use a single potion. Mark of the Rift is very handy for the tougher ones though. Also if you like dragons, I highly suggest visiting Emprise Du Lion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm running around Emprise Du Lion now at lvl 14. Its very tough...I somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross the bridge..it wasn't. I still haven't killed any Dragons yet. I'm a little scared of the blighters.

As a side note, I have only just got my three free weapons from the Enchanter last night. They are lvl 7 weapons and would have been fantastic at lvl 7-10 but at this stage I seem to have picked up too many other purples.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm running around Emprise Du Lion now at lvl 14. Its very tough...I somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross the bridge..it wasn't. I still haven't killed any Dragons yet. I'm a little scared of the blighters.

As a side note, I have only just got my three free weapons from the Enchanter last night. They are lvl 7 weapons and would have been fantastic at lvl 7-10 but at this stage I seem to have picked up too many other purples.
    I went and killed a bunch of baby dragons but then I was like "better peace out before the mother shows up!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Really passed off with this. playing on xbox360 Bought the game on Saturday and I've played around 6 hours in total. Last night it froze my xbox so all I could do was turn it off. Now every time I try and play it loads for about 10 seconds and then freezes the xbox. Is this happening to others? I haven't read through the thread so dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thinking of buying this for ps4 off amazon.com for €44, is the game region locked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thinking of buying this for ps4 off amazon.com for €44, is the game region locked?

No but you'll have too buy any dlc off the U.S psn.

• Advertisement

Nothing on the PS4 is region locked, just if you buy DLC you have to buy the version that matches the game.

But if you're buying a game from another country, the answer to "will it work on my PS4" is always yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

loving the game so far but have a question about Focus or combos in combat.

How do i generate focus power to use Mark of the Rift, is it something that just builds up over time or is it something that i can generate during a fight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It builds up during a fight, but you generate it quicker using combo's (burning a frozen enemy for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So, ill defo be picking this up at some point in the new year. But what's the general consensus on it? I've both DA O n DA 2 on ps3 and haven't really got into either of them. I suppose I put far more time into origins tho. I'm more looking for a good story with the rpg mechanics. Worth the buy or?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So, ill defo be picking this up at some point in the new year. But what's the general consensus on it? I've both DA O n DA 2 on ps3 and haven't really got into either of them. I suppose I put far more time into origins tho. I'm more looking for a good story with the rpg mechanics. Worth the buy or?

It is worth it, it is on par if not better than with DA:O and it is better by far than DA:2, it has a solid story with a lot of lore and the game is huge but does not become repetitive, you can easily sink 150-200 hours into it if you do not rush through the game and lose yourself in the various locations and environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Xenji wrote: »
    It is worth it, it is on par if not better than with DA:O and it is better by far than DA:2, it has a solid story with a lot of lore and the game is huge but does not become repetitive, you can easily sink 150-200 hours into it if you do not rush through the game and lose yourself in the various locations and environments.

If I wasn't up to my bollix in debt I'd be playing it now. Posts like yours really make the game sound exactly like what I want. I played Skyrim to death (leading my PS3 to actually die on me) and Dragon Age Inquisition sounds exactly like the game I need to play..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Whoever decided to cap the loot limit to 60 should be shot, even if you can increase it a little.

I want a fecking chest!!! I actually had to destroy some very rare armour becuase I couldn't war it till level 17 and I'm level 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Whoever decided to cap the loot limit to 60 should be shot, even if you can increase it a little.

I want a fecking chest!!! I actually had to destroy some very rare armour becuase I couldn't war it till level 17 and I'm level 14.

There is no way that rare armour that you plan to use later made it to the top of your dump list. You know that the materials that you have to hand in for research take up room, right? Make sure you visit that often. Also, all of the weapon and armour upgrade pieces take an inventory slot too. You've probably got a ton of accessories you should be dumping/selling as well.

As for the game generally: I'm quite enjoying myself now (level 16/just met a certain familiar face's important friend) despite some earlier scepticism. There are a bunch of things I think they've done poorly but I'm over it. I think it is soooo important to remember that everything doesn't have to be done. I have a strict rule that the only resource I care about is fun. If I ever find myself doing something boring, annoying or repetitive and having to rationalise it by saying that I'll get something valuable then I stop doing whatever it is.

Usually it's not even all that valuable, it's just content bloat. I leave rifts unclosed, daughters un-rescued, zombies wandering around farms. I'm sure I'll miss some cool stuff but it's not worth the price of having to gather fifty thistles so Mabel can finish her stew.

The one thing I think is unforgivable and should be modded as soon as humanly possible was leaving the PC crew with a console menu system. It makes everything to do with inventory and crafting laborious and time consuming. Can you imagine how nifty it would be being able to just drag and drop everything for crafting and equipping? I built/enchanted a bunch of things for two party members last night and I was actually mentally exhausted after it, despite what a fun feature it is. Mod community get on it please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ye its a pain in the ass, you should be able to store items rather than carry them around. Something simple they left out. I got a perk were you can increase your carry, think its up to 75 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Any beginner tips for this? Best character to pick or any ones to avoid?
    Also is there a guide to the previous game or do I need to know about any of the story up to now.

Advertisement