Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

GodlessM wrote: »
    What level are you?

Level 10, have Varric and his Bianca levelled up a bit, but it seems weak as could be. Might have to give him his papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Level 10, have Varric and his Bianca levelled up a bit, but it seems weak as could be. Might have to give him his papers.

As much as I don't like Sera, she is better on the attack (dual wield)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally gave this a bash again today.

Buying dragon age for ps4 and buying xbox one with 5 more games in same week was a stupid thing to do lol. :D

Starting to like it a lot more now. Love the Dwarf rogue character. Looks like the best voice actor of the bunch too.
    Over all game feels very skyrish ( not a good thing for me), but I still enjoy it. I guess not a pure copy paste world really makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I was just about wondering few things lads. You can only use schematics in your keep? Can I go to keep half way my progress in hinterlands? Or is it a place I can be only between the zone completions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yeah the lowest Dragon is 12, and has better moves than some of the higher level ones to boot.
    I was just about wondering few things lads. You can only use schematics in your keep? Can I go to keep half way my progress in hinterlands? Or is it a place I can be only between the zone completions?

There's no such thing as zone completion in this game, so yes, you go to and from your keep as often as you like.

As much as I don't like Sera, she is better on the attack (dual wield)

I want a ranged attacker though, she's ok but Varrik is weak enough. Found a few Runes last night so might stick them on weapons and see how they get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is Varrick worth using? Even early on I found him incredibly weak and swapped him out the first chance I got. Bianca is a weak weapon and I only upgraded it a bit before I gave up. Does he become worth it later on if you keep upgrading? Or is it better to just keep focusing on another rogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

humanji wrote: »
    Is Varrick worth using? Even early on I found him incredibly weak and swapped him out the first chance I got. Bianca is a weak weapon and I only upgraded it a bit before I gave up. Does he become worth it later on if you keep upgrading? Or is it better to just keep focusing on another rogue?

I think his main problem is he gets in too close to the enemies using a grappling hook (i think). He is always the first to die in a battle. If you use the tac cam and order him a distance away you'll force him to use range attacks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bianca does get better, but no where near the rate of others. I use him as i like the character, but i don't bring him to dragon fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

i had no idea this released and i loved the first game but someone said this was worse than DA2 . defo not sure now, when theres still class rpgs i havent finished like wasteland and divinity original sin

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    i had no idea this released and i loved the first game but someone said this was worse than DA2 . defo not sure now, when theres still class rpgs i havent finished like wasteland and divinity original sin

I don't know how anyone could possibly think this is worse than DA2. I didn't mind that, but this is fantastic.

• Advertisement

Whoever said that is a filthy liar.

DaveDaRave wrote: »

If one person's singular personal opinion sways you against the countless amounts of positive opinions, then I would deduce that you don't really want this game as is. Your loss though I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have run out of things to play. Is Dragon Age worth getting? I did play and finish them on the 360 but unsure of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There is a lot wrong and disappointing about it, but even as someone that loathes consolisation and is highly dubious about open-worlds I still managed to enjoy myself quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

GodlessM wrote: »
    If one person's singular personal opinion sways you against the countless amounts of positive opinions, then I would deduce that you don't really want this game as is. Your loss though I would say.

I've seen a good amount of negative opinion, though almost all of it was "good game somewhat ruined by the open world related nonsense" in variety.

nesf wrote: »
    I've seen a good amount of negative opinion, though almost all of it was "good game somewhat ruined by the open world related nonsense" in variety.

In other words, "It's not Origins". Those sorts of reviews are why I don't trust reviews any more, regardless of their content. Simple fact; if you play and Open-World game, expect an Open-World experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

logik wrote: »
    I have run out of things to play. Is Dragon Age worth getting? I did play and finish them on the 360 but unsure of this one.

I wouldn't say it's worth it, others would say it's worth it. Try and get a loan for a weekend and try it out before you buy it. I got it on PC cheap and I am happy I didn't spend the full price on it as I am quite disappointed in the game. I absolutely loved the first game, wasn't a fan of the second one. Hype sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For an Xbox One game I find it extremely good value. I've easily put 30 hours + into it at this stage and I'm still only scratching the surface. Its like playing another Skyrim.. whereas normally I get about 10 hours out a game unless its a MMO - Battlefield\CoD\Destiny - type.

I would imagine its different for PC users (no slight intended) where you might not be used to having to pay €60+ a game and you have far more choice but when I'm looking at a game and see a price tag of €60 I get quite annoyed when it doesn't deliver. I think DA:I delivers as I'm getting value for money in terms of game time, its not buggy, its single player so I can play as I like and the story is interactive..

I'd still say it's definitely worth it, regardless of the platform you play it on. Haven't had time to play it in a week or so, but i've pumped 60 or so hours in and still have loads to do. Plus, i only paid €33 for it :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think it's a great game despite a few flaws:-

- Respawning or at the very least the far too quick respawn rate
    - Tactical view is horse****
    - Irritating UI on PC (possibly not as much of an issue on console)
    - Infinite Requisition quests (ignore unless you need some quick power)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally platinumed the game today, not sure why as I do not give two ****s about trophies, but thoroughly enjoyed it, the game does have its flaws, but they do not take away from the game, I enjoyed it as much as DA:1 and it is a was a vast improvement on DA:2. Not sure why some people are negative on the game, unless they are not used to playing MMO games or did not read up on the game, the developers made it very clear on what the game was going to be and they managed to pull the majority of it off very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm about 70 hours in now, level 20. Think I've one or two more story missions left. Haven't gone near Emprise or Hissing Wastes at all yet and not entirely sure if I'll bother, though I do want to kill all the dragons. Really enjoyed the game but think I'm getting fatigued a bit now so might just go and complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xenji wrote: »
    Finally platinumed the game today, not sure why as I do not give two ****s about trophies, but thoroughly enjoyed it, the game does have its flaws, but they do not take away from the game, I enjoyed it as much as DA:1 and it is a was a vast improvement on DA:2. Not sure why some people are negative on the game, unless they are not used to playing MMO games or did not read up on the game, the developers made it very clear on what the game was going to be and they managed to pull the majority of it off very well.

Planning on doing the same .... no surprises there :pac:

Haven't even installed it yet , how feasible is it to start out on the hardest setting on the 1st playthrough :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So I see this is about €40 on Origin right now, and I'm highly tempted. The deluxe version is about €47 though, is it worth it for the extra few items?

Or is it cheaper any where else at the moment?

Should be around 30 on Kinguin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Quick question lads.

How do you upload your decisions from DA1 & 2 if you played them on a different system?.
    Also with PSN/EA servers down i can't access The Keep (not really sure what it is)

Any spoiler free help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Quick question lads.

How do you upload your decisions from DA1 & 2 if you played them on a different system?.
    Also with PSN/EA servers down i can't access The Keep (not really sure what it is)

Any spoiler free help? :)

Unfortunately, the 2 things are related. You can't directly transfer saves from 1 or 2. What you do is you log into Keep and especially make all the decisions you had made in those again. Then when you start Inquisition it asks if you want to import the world saves from Keep.

It's the only method to transfer the decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

put about 15 hours into this so far, played the others so knew what to expect but the combat in this feels very detached for want of a better word, feels like i have little or no input into it so far. Playing on nightmare but difficulty isn't the problem I don't thing something just doesn't feel right with it.

The inventory and upgrade system is an utter arse ache , having to go back to town to swap in upgrades on new gear etc. The story, exploration, and world are spot on though they got those right compared with the last game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got my Keep in order there. Only played through Origins so didn't take too long. Interested to see how it effects the world.

Advertisement