Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Knight-Denam, **** you. That is all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure what's wrong with my save import, had it all going before PSN went down so that shouldn't be an issue and most of it is right.

The Ozamar stuff didn't transfer right (all I've noticed).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure what's wrong with my save import, had it all going before PSN went down so that should be an issue and most of it is right.

Save transfer?

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure what's wrong with my save import, had it all going before PSN went down so that shouldn't be an issue and most of it is right.

Save transfer?

The Keep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Killed 2 dragons yesterday, the loot was well worth the pain !!!!

• Advertisement

Guys is there a point of no return in this or can side quest be done after finishing the main quest?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You get a warning before proceeding onto the last mission. Most side quests can still be done afaik.

I actually cleared this over the weekend. Took me a while to get back into it after i kind of got burnt out from playing it about 50 hours over the first four days, but got stuck in again last week and really enjoyed it. It's a brilliant game, let down by a poor UI. Took me 90 hours to complete it, and there were still things to do.

The ending was a bit of an anti-climax as well, but it wouldn't put me off it at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya.........the bears in this game are a bunch of langers :mad:

Ya.........the bears in this game are a bunch of langers :mad:

Is there no item like
    the leader of the pack charm thats stops wolves bothering you
    :confused:

I didn't find one at least :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    Is there no item like
    the leader of the pack charm thats stops wolves bothering you
    :confused:

I didn't find one at least :(

Not sure I'm not too far into the game, fecking bear just came out of nowhere and destroyed my party, one hit kills :eek:

Yeah, they are a bitch to kill, especially at the start of the game. Not much you can do except hope a 2nd one doesn't join in. They occasionally help you though, and kill large groups of enemies. Just stay out of sight :P

Well at bears are worthy of their one hit kill power , unlike honey badgers in a certain game with the number 4 in its title :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Well at bears are worthy of their one hit kill power , unlike honey badgers in a certain game with the number 4 in its title :D

Honey badgers got nothing on them bears :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished the game and only discovered that I've missed an open map area. Seems the venture forth option on completed operations doesn't take you back to the same area as before, in this instance, the Hissing Wastes.

Spear wrote: »
    I've finished the game and only discovered that I've missed an open map area. Seems the venture forth option on completed operations doesn't take you back to the same area as before, in this instance, the Hissing Wastes.

Buy a horse and thank me later for the Hissing Wastes :D

Had one of my favorite side quests so far in the game , massive XP and some high level loot to match for each of the 5 parts !!!!!!!. If you finished the game then you're level 20+ no? Should be no problem for you, I assume you didn't open
    the tomb in the oasis
    as you would have needed the last 8 shards from the wastes, was a waste of time unless you are a dagger rogue and quinari trained at that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, a question about valuable things. I know some of them used for research, but some of them have no description what so ever. What do you do with them?
    Can I just vendor those suckers as they are really hogging my inventory space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Guys, a question about valuable things. I know some of them used for research, but some of them have no description what so ever. What do you do with them?

Vendor them. Unless you need specific ones. If you require some items later in the game you can always farm them.

logik wrote: »
    Vendor them. Unless you need specific ones. If you require some items later in the game you can always farm them.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! sad splinters can be used to get a unique item, not sure about the 'too many breeches' though.

These ones are usually red and back icons, keep anything at the bottom of the list those are reserch items. Every thing else sell.

I usually kept anything with a description, and sold the rest (bar research items which were always at the bottom).

Also, use your Inquisition perks to get the expanded bag space asap. Makes a big difference.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I usually kept anything with a description, and sold the rest (bar research items which were always at the bottom).

Also, use your Inquisition perks to get the expanded bag space asap. Makes a big difference.

That just made me horde even more purple items I didn't need like daggers I had nobody speced to use :D

You can never have too many purples :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Make sure you always visit the researcher before you sell anything, even if they have no description they could still be used to earn perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

You can never have too many purples :P

I think I am the only person who doesn't do this.

Just finished it there , bit annoyed with myself now for not sticking with nightmare and knocking it down to hard as hard got very easy after haven but only way i could see forward was to re-roll as mage after 20 odd hours.

Bio-Ware redeemed themselves with this after ME3 and DA2 in my eyes.

I didn't mind the ending,
    wasn't that much of a shock as Solas was shady, but still would have liked a bit more to go on from the ending, there are plenty of players now set up and I'd gladly play a DA:I2
    if they choose to go that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Anybody playing multi-player yet? I heard good things about it, and apparently it runs like a pen and paper RPG in that items you find in the crawl can be used to unlock new characters and upgrade them. A few of my RL gaming buddies are on PSN now and we were taking a look at starting some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What is the story with the rings? They are pretty much all the exact same

+30% Ability Damage Bonus
    +30% Ability Duration Bonus

Then some random crit bonuses, barriers bonuses and the like. But am I missing something? I basically sell any ring I get now.

Overall I am really loving the game. I loved DA1, really disliked DA2, but Bioware have redeemed themselves big time here.

I am about 54 hours in, level 18 Warrior. I am literally clearing every single map as I go, and I only ever do that in a game I really like! ;)
    I also find that rare/unique loot items rarely compete with my crafted items. But that could be because I am spending a lot of time clearing out the areas, and so my level is way above the level of a lot of the areas.

Might go and progress the story soon... :P

Yeah, i generally found myself finding rares that were useless compared to the crafting gear. Crafting gear in general is far better then any rares you will find, with a few exceptions. As for the rings, i usually kept one ability damage bonus and one purple crit/damage ring.

If you have a Rogue in your party, go to the Hissing Wastes and get tier 3 dual blades asap. The damage increase is flippin insane.

Always have a tank but how are people choosing their party, I tend to go by the enemies/story; area with darkspawn I go with blackwall.

• Advertisement

If you have a Rogue in your party, go to the Hissing Wastes and get tier 3 dual blades asap. The damage increase is flippin insane.

Clear that place out, where are they. Is it a schematic in that fortress.

Advertisement